brake lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just used 3/16, double flare and the Toy fittings. But I never measured the OD of the old line, probably 3/16 or damn close.

Ed

Nope, double flare. You can get a decent one for less than $30, made in the USA, not HF. With a little practice, or reading the instructions, anyone can do it.
Brake line is cheap.

Ed

Edit: I clamp the tool in a vise, seems to work better that way and I can get some honk on the thing.

Last edited:
74fj40 said:
what are those black things are on the side?

They are the double flare compression dies for different size tubing...

It's pretty easy to understand once you have a set of directions, if you havn't done it before. The dies are the critical piece.

ok, so, the fitting is 10x1mm and the line can be 3/16, double flared... thanks for the help! i am going to look around tomorrow and see if i can find those fittings somewhere...

I found metric brake lines at autozone (the ends were metric the line was 3/16) in 60 inch lenths.

Kevin

therealtalkinggoat said:
ok, so, the fitting is 10x1mm and the line can be 3/16, double flared... thanks for the help! i am going to look around tomorrow and see if i can find those fittings somewhere...

You can reuse your old ones. But they should be available about anywhere. It is usually much cheaper to buy the line with the fittings on it, cut to your length and make just one flare. Cheaper than buying the fittings and the line separately. Your Toyota dealer still stocks or can order pre-bent lines.

GL

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom