Brake Failure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Went camping and my brakes failed on the second day. Brake line is leaking and does not brake at all. Hand brake (rear brake) is fine.
Can anyone please tell me what this line is? Would this part be considered a front brake line? The line is not corroded or worn out. Don't know how it got damaged.

Is the part of the line that coiled that is damaged. Also any idea how much it would cost to fix/replace?

20220501_173338.jpg

20220501_173407.jpg

20220501_111624.jpg

$20 from Toyota. Part #: 4732160281

not hard as long as the nuts come loose
it should take longer to bleed the brakes than to change the line out

Thank you @JunkCrzr89
Do you by any chance know how easy/difficult or how long thos would take to replace? Not able to find videos or diy steps.
Also to know if the mechanic is ripping me off.
1 hour to remove the old line, install the new line, and bleed the system.

Had the same failure last month. Mine rotted through though. Replaced both lines. Went easily enough but had to snip the lines on the bottom and put an impact over it to bust them loose. I only had to bleed the fronts.

Back with an Update!

The mechanic replaced that brake line along with 2 others saying there were bad too( had bubbles on them). Charged $300.

He recommended Front Brake Rotors and Pads to be replaced so got that done too for $400. What do your guys think about that price? I paid, but I'm curious.

He said the possible reason for that break in line was a caliper that was froze. Not sure what that means, going to look it up.

If he used OEM Toyota parts then price is good. If he used box store junk then price is not so good.

I've got a rust issue, BUT I'm about to do THE SAME fix. I hope your rig is still holding since last year. Anything happened with the brakes since?

Did mechanic also quote you for bearing repack and how well do they know Toyotas? Swapping the rotors = likely improperly pretensioned bearings and wrong CV clip if they don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom