Brake Drum Screw?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.geocities.com
Ok I finally got new rims and tires 8) 8) for my 40 after having to take the first batch back to Les Schwab because the tie rod ends rubbed on the wheels. :mad: :mad: But getting to my question there is a little screw on the outside of the brake drum that if I don't remove it the wheel sits off on the drum ??? ??? ??? ??? does anyone know what the screw does I can't find anything in the "Haynes Manual" about what it does.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

If I am thinking right that screw is what keeps the drum centered.
My FJ-40 did not have the screws when i got it, i never had any problems with-out them.
I am not saying that you should remove them or anything, but maybe you could find a screw that fits in there flush with the drum.
Jesse

My '40 came with the screws removed, no doubt for the same reason you have encountered. As long as you have the drum on properly and then mount the wheel and tighten the lugs, the lugs will hold things together just fine. Generally, once it is on, the difficult issue is getting the drum off.

I now have OEM rims, so I have the screws back in there. But it is more an issue of completeness than of need.

yep, screw the screw :D

"does anyone know what the screw does I can't find anything in the "Haynes Manual" about what it does."

Hard to believe...they are usually so consise and complete... :rolleyes:

Your 40 looks really nice! :beer:

Now fix your headlamp bezel... ;)

Good luck!

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom