Bowfin Cruisers roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I received my order about a week ago on time. Packaging was great! Patrick was great to work with, fit and finish was on point and he also sent extra hardware for future projects. I’m glad I went with his rack as the weight savings was a plus and also it’s a very quiet rack..looking forward to abusing this product!

68EE05FC-85AD-4370-9235-E0F6E24387C2.jpeg

6F96954B-658B-4E80-BAE6-D5894DCE7191.jpeg

6D614B06-EA2D-45AE-9368-4545367F9F89.jpeg

Looks excellent - what was the price if you don't mind me asking?

That's a really good looking rack... I'm gonna have to scoop one up. How can I explain to my wife that I need it to make the Land Cruiser run better?

That's a really good looking rack... I'm gonna have to scoop one up. How can I explain to my wife that I need it to make the Land Cruiser run better?

Tell her you need $1,000 for some engine work and an accessory. Buy the rack and a new battery bracket. Problem solved.

Tell her you need $1,000 for some engine work and an accessory. Buy the rack and a new battery bracket. Problem solved.
You don't know my wife, I think she'd be more pissed off that I "need to do some engine work" than if I just bought the accessory!

Give us an honest sentence about wind noise as compared to pre-rack.

Tell her it's a spoiler to help decrease drag and increase mileage by about 27 mpg.

I had a previous ARB style

I had an ARB style rack previously and even with the wind fairing, I still got a good bit of wind noise at speed, this rack is much quieter and the wind fairing being aluminum and so low it cuts out most of the noise. I travel the Hwy quite a bit at 70 plus you can have a comfortable conversation with the sunroof open...

What other racks did you research before buying and in the end why did you choose this one? Been looking at Bowfin for a while now but since their prices went up little bit harder to do it... he who hesitates is lost I guess ;)

I've had ARB's, Gobi's and Prinsu racks on my various LC's - but so far the Bowfin is the best executed of them for overall fitment and utility.... and at the price more than a bargain. it's quieter then the Prinsu was on my 200 and the fit and finish is excellent...plus Patrick is a pleasure to work with -and it's nice to support the growing vendors IMHO.

I chose this rack over the others because I'm big on supporting small businesses and Patrick is deeply involved in the Land Cruiser community beyond just trying to make a buck.

I chose this rack after Patrick let us share his camp site at the solid axle summit. Bought it off his truck. I looked at several others including the Prinsu but didn't like all the writeups about the bolt attachments and location. Absolutely love the clasp on this rack. I can take the rack of with one other friend in literally less than 1 min. Have since had 3 other friends purchase this rack.

As far as wind noise, I can hear no difference over factory rack but a caveat the BFG muds make enough noise that i cant really hear other noise.

20181113_082923.jpg

I chose this rack after Patrick let us share his camp site at the solid axle summit. Bought it off his truck. I looked at several others including the Prinsu but didn't like all the writeups about the bolt attachments and location. Absolutely love the clasp on this rack. I can take the rack of with one other friend in literally less than 1 min. Have since had 3 other friends purchase this rack.

As far as wind noise, I can hear no difference over factory rack but a caveat the BFG muds make enough noise that i cant really hear other noise.

View attachment 2022043
Agreed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom