Bourbon. What are you drinking right now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last weeks trip to VA allowed me to grab some Ancient Ancient Age in the big bottle. Gotta drop down a few rungs while things are so volatile and that’s my cheap fave.

Don’t have shame! It’s good stuff....I just ran out and considering road trip to Atlanta next week to restock!

Had a good night at the NC Bourbon Society fundraiser dinner a couple weekends ago. I won a store-pick single barrel bottle of 1792 “Full Proof”, a bottle of 1792 “Sweet Wheat”, and one other bottle....

View attachment 2235836

Allen's dominance at raffles remains undefeated

@Fort Knox

Allen, which bottle of Smooth Ambler is your preference? I realize the tasting room in Lewisburg is closed but as soon as it reopens I plan on gong there. My work takes me to Covington, VA every other Wednesday so it’s relatively close at that point. The Ancient Ancient Age has been delicious no matter what @JohnVee says about being low quality....

I have remained on the Elijah Craig Small batch 94 proof for four bottles now. Neat and perfect.

I continue to punish myself by repeatedly taking a nasty trip with Michter’s Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Rye. No matter how I cut it with a drop o water or an ice cube it tastes like it should be consumed with a mixer and an orange peel. Maybe bitters can make it palatable. Probably not, so I will continue short jaunts in a small glass.

Next up is Knob Creek Kentucky Straight Rye 100 proof small batch.

@Fort Knox

Allen, which bottle of Smooth Ambler is your preference? I realize the tasting room in Lewisburg is closed but as soon as it reopens I plan on gong there. My work takes me to Covington, VA every other Wednesday so it’s relatively close at that point. The Ancient Ancient Age has been delicious no matter what @JohnVee says about being low quality....

Out of what is available in their current lineup, I like their Old Scout Single Barrels and Contradiction. Their special releases (Very Old Scout or the Rye) are incredible, but they're also pretty expensive. The Single Barrels are really good, but they're still a little young at 5-6 years. They'll get better and better over time. Contradiction is just a solid pour and is a blend of their sourced bourbon from MGP and the stuff that they make in-house. As the in-house juice has gotten older and they've gotten better at blending, Contradiction has gotten better.

F71569A1-B898-408B-BF81-9949DB2E98C7.jpeg

Can’t believe there hasn’t been a post in the last week....this was taken a week ago so there’s been at least one casualty from the lineup....wife had just come across a local store that had AAA and cleaned them out for me! She’s a keeper!! This is just the 1.75 liter lineup....

FD6D031F-601F-4B8D-B291-63D51CBAFAC3.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 2256373
Grabbed this bottle yesterday. I usually prefer the cask strength stuff, but this is really tasty. The 12 years really give it a nice flavor profile. Cherries, vanilla, and caramel are all in there.

Can we see another picture of your collection? It's kind of inspiring.....

Per the VA ABC here is the current AAA stock.
Screenshot 2020-04-02 10.30.45.png

Should be good till end of May. ATTACH=full]2258317[/ATTACH]

View attachment 2258317
Are you sure? There seems to be a few bottles with less than the optimal amount......rationing may need to be enforced!

Great variety BTW, I've had all but the Dickel and three I also have in my inventory.....

Last edited:
Pretty wild! Just found this at the ABC in Charlotte for retail! If there is a possible silver lining to this whole Corona mess... perhaps it's less traffic at the stores scooping these up?View attachment 2267316
For reference, what is retail?

This thread forced me to restock.

View attachment 2259149
Bowman Brothers has good stuff! Been to their distillery and done a tour. Real fun and got to enjoy some of their liquor in the end. They make a really good gin, also got to try their take of cream liquor and tequila.

my biz partner snagged us each a bottle of this today at the ABC in albemarle!

7D9BA1B1-E8FA-4F3A-B4C3-4F4377386072.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom