For Sale Boulder CO 1997 40th Unmolested (no lockers) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(187, 172, 172)
Outside Link
https://www.boulderh.com/inventory/1997-toyota-land-cruiser-/319373
"Affordable" decent condition 97 40th Edition under $10k for someone starting out wanting to customize their cruiser their way.

284k Miles $9,988

Recent work over the last few months, REBUILT FRONT KNUCKLES WITH NEW KNUCKLE AND WHEEL BEARINGS, NEW BIRFIELD JOINTS, NEW TIE ROD ENDS, NEW FRONT BRAKE DISCS AND PADS, NEW STEERING DAMPNER, NEW WINDSHIELD. Note Vehicle has Automatic 4WD; NO DIFF LOCKERS.

Link to seller; 533rd 40th Cruiser

Yup! Just picked it back up and it looks incredible. I dropped it right off to my technician to put a new OEM exhaust and Landtank seat extender. I’ll get photos up and a build thread going soon. I don’t want to clog the classifieds 😅
Look forward to seeing the updates.

Yup! Just picked it back up and it looks incredible. I dropped it right off to my technician to put a new OEM exhaust and Landtank seat extender. I’ll get photos up and a build thread going soon. I don’t want to clog the classifieds 😅

Is that done yet? If not, I might recommend finding a good exhaust guy. In Boulder, Robbie recommended Boulder Muffler. The Y pipe is a bit of a choke point and he put a much less restrictive system in from the manifold back in 1/2" wider stainless wrapping it over the frame all the back. With two new cats and muffler and all that custom beautiful stainless it was $1350. Just sayin' ...

Interested to see paint. $6,500 seems like a good deal for what you described.
It ended up being about $8k worth of work. But no complaints it looks sweet. Not a concourse level finish but easily as good, if not better than factory.

5CC575BE-03BD-4437-89A1-7CE982B4CD83.jpeg

9182C441-EAF9-403C-BB26-AC09DB3CDFED.jpeg

C2C67E40-853B-4E12-B8B0-5472E7355F2E.jpeg

Is that done yet? If not, I might recommend finding a good exhaust guy. In Boulder, Robbie recommended Boulder Muffler. The Y pipe is a bit of a choke point and he put a much less restrictive system in from the manifold back in 1/2" wider stainless wrapping it over the frame all the back. With two new cats and muffler and all that custom beautiful stainless it was $1350. Just sayin' ...
Yes I got it done the day it was was picked up. The seat extender made a massive difference in comfort and being able to drive. The OEM exhaust system was about $1500 including install and hardware. The original bolts were shot so it took a few hours to get it on. Car is a bit quieter which is a nice bonus.

I wouldn't mind this set up for my 40th FJ80

Last edited:
It ended up being about $8k worth of work. But no complaints it looks sweet. Not a concourse level finish but easily as good, if not better than factory.

View attachment 2659204

View attachment 2659205

View attachment 2659206
Very impressive work 👏

Based on the pics looks like a time warp back to the 90s - you definitely have bragging rights with how sweet your ride looks

I'm curious: what did you do for the fender flare molding sandwiched between the fender and the arch extender?

Very impressive work 👏

Based on the pics looks like a time warp back to the 90s - you definitely have bragging rights with how sweet your ride looks

I'm curious: what did you do for the fender flare molding sandwiched between the fender and the arch extender?
Thanks for the compliment and I’m very grateful to be in position to “bring her back” to glory!

I got a kit from online for the flare mouldings. They were supposed to paint them to match the car but once they attached the flares back they had forgotten. It looks good tho! I’ll start my build thread now.

Very impressive work 👏

Toyota still sells the gaskets in sage believe it or not. It’ll probably take a few weeks to get it to you though

Build thread is now live- feel free to continue our chat there so we don’t clog the classifieds:

wow!!! Fantastic looking 40th. I have enjoyed watching this thread. Can't wait to read your build thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom