SOLD Boulder, CO: 1990 FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One-Owner 1990 FJ62

4-liter, 6-cylinder with EFI; 4-speed automatic overdrive
317,xxx miles (Jasper remanufactured engine installed less than 50,000 miles ago)
No trades; cash or cashier’s check only
$16,600 or best reasonable offer

I bought this FJ62 new in February 1990 and have been its only owner. It breaks my heart to sell it, but I only have space for one vehicle and want something that has newer safety features, such as anti-lock brakes and air bags.

It has been meticulously maintained by Boulder Toyota and then Independent Motors in Boulder, Colorado. Consistent and regular oil changes every 3,000 to 3,500 and major services as recommended by Toyota. Vehicle passed its last Colorado emissions inspection, which was in April 2018.

Mechanically the vehicle is in tip-top shape. While the engine does not leak oil, topping off between oil changes is recommended. The body and interior are in excellent condition, particularly considering the vehicle’s age. The interior is all original.

The OEM side mirrors and front and rear bumpers are new. Rear light cages were added also.

Known Issues:
There are 4 small areas of rust as seen in the photos: 1) around the rear windshield wiper, 2) at the base of the driver-side door, 3) at the center top of the windshield, and 4) at the base of the passenger side rear panel near the bumper. Very few nicks in the body and paint except for the front where rocks have chipped away at the hood area. There is a very small dent/scratch on the roof (see photo with a nickel for scale). The carpet in the trunk area has a bare spot due to dry rotting (this is in the crease when the back seat is up). The driver seat has a few small cracks in the side. The original radio works, but the cassette player does not.

Paint:
The truck has never been in an accident. In 1990, a metal sawhorse was blown by wind into the right fender, which was repaired and repainted. In 2003, the left front fender was dented when I hit a bollard in a parking space. The fender was replaced and repainted. No other bodywork or painting has been done.

Service Records:
As the only owner, I have all maintenance records, original papers and the vehicle manual. These include the original window sticker and Japanese inspection sheet.

Recent Service (other than regular oil/filter changes):
  • About 4,000 miles ago, in addition to and oil and filter change, a whole front trunion job was completed ($3,595), and the AC belt and associated parts were replaced ($197).
  • Starter motor was replaced at 310K.
  • At 307K, brake fluid was flushed and replaced, drained and filled front and rear differentials and transfer case, replaced air filter, replaced spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor.
  • New tires at 307K.
  • Replaced oil pan and gasket at 301K.
  • Replaced outer tie rod end, steering stabilizer shock with OEM Toyota and battery at 295K.
  • Replaced power antenna at 288K.
See more photos here.

IMG_5726.jpg

IMG_5725.jpg

IMG_5724.jpg

IMG_5723.jpg

IMG_5720.jpg

Did you mean to post this as its own classified instead of a reply to my posting?
no, it is an alert to someone who may be interested.

Really cool to see this many miles and one owner. Hard to imagine having so much history with a car.

What are the details of the engine replacement? Did you buy the Cruiser in Boulder?

Yes ... so much wonderful history. Thanks for your questions. I bought the truck new in Atlanta (Willett Toyota in Decatur, specifically) for my move to Boulder three months later. Regarding the engine replacement, I'm not sure what you mean by details. The reason was simply that I let the oil get too low. Expensive mistake! The engine replacement included belts and radiator hoses, water pump, thermostat, radiator cap, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, breather filter, spark plugs and wires, distributor cap and rotor, PVC. This is all according to the invoice, which I have. The work was done 11/09 at 271,574 miles. Does that answer the question?

Thanks. I guess I was wondering where the engine came from, what sort of rebuild it had, and then what was replaced (which you answered).

I live in Boulder but I am out of town on a long trip. I will be curious to see if this is still on the market when I get back but good luck with the sale if not.

Hope you're up for a few more questions, I'm pondering some of the more expensive/troublesome parts that might have 300k on them.

Is it the original transmission, and was it ever rebuilt?
What about the fuel pump and fuel sender?
How old is the suspension? Are the leaf springs original?

I really appreciate it.

No problem with the questions. I've combed through my binder of service invoices, and I believe all of the above parts are original as I don't see receipts for this work. Apologies for not having a more definitive answer. My late husband was the resident Land Cruiser expert, not me. I can ask my mechanics if you are seriously interested.

Sorry to hear that, thank you for the response.

I'm in Boulder right now. Anyone want to take a bet whether my wife would kill me if I showed up at home with a new 62 on a Friday after work?

Love having a cruiser in Boulder ... I too get stopped all the time. Such a great vehicle for the front range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom