Bought this Tacoma 2 years earlier than I expected. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My co worker retired this year (earlier than I expected) and offered to sell me his Tacoma. He said he wouldn’t want much for it when we first talked about it a year and a half or so ago. Since my son is only 14 and I was thinking it might be for him it really depended on the price on whether or not I would get it. He finally gave me his price the other day.
It is a 2006. 4x4. 5 speed manual. No mechanical issues. Rebuilt clutch. Couple of bumps here and there. 310,000 miles. Has a camper shell or had.
When I read his email, I think I tried to throw my wallet through the screen at him.
He said he wanted $1500 dollars for it. It blew my mind. Bought it last Friday, listed the camper shell that night and sold it for $300 the next morning. So all and all I have a $1200 running (knock on wood) father son project that only needs a few minor things.

IMG_4138.jpeg

IMG_4139.jpeg

70683867354__4DCE923C-638B-4932-93DC-3FF1086B17F7.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow! that is an absolute steal or you just rob him blind. I'm just kidding, that would be a great project for you and your son maybe get an oil analysis done and see
what is the internal condition of the engine. Do you have the 3RZ? BTW I just finally bolted up the tires I got from you, hope I pass the smog test.

Wow! that is an absolute steal or you just rob him blind. I'm just kidding, that would be a great project for you and your son maybe get an oil analysis done and see
what is the internal condition of the engine. Do you have the 3RZ? BTW I just finally bolted up the tires I got from you, hope I pass the smog test.
You are right- it was an absolute steal. I think it is the 2TR-FE, but I would have to look more at it. I think the 3RZ stopped in 2004. Glad to hear you finally put the tires to use.

Post up a build when you guys get started.
You are right- it was an absolute steal. I think it is the 2TR-FE, but I would have to look more at it. I think the 3RZ stopped in 2004. Glad to hear you finally put the tires to use.
It looks like it doesn't need much work to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom