Bosch +2 Plugs causing interference with my Eclipse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, there it is. Very noticeable hum now on CD function. I am going to go to the car stereo place that installed and hopefully there is a solution i.e. larger grounding capacitor,

Just a FYI.

Juke, That's weird. I run the same plugs, Eclipse...absolutely zero hum.

with my stock ND plugs I get a bit of noise from my Eclispe when the volume is down/off, don't bother me but it is there

Huh?

Did you have the Eclipse in there PRIOR to changing the plugs? If so, maybe they tuned (for lack of better words) the Eclipse to that interference level i.e. a larger capacitor.

???

I have to check if I replaced the plugs before or after the Eclipse install. I am a stickler for sound...I know there is absolutely no hum regardless if the deck is on or off. I will ask the shop that put it in if they had to do something special...

IMPORTANT ECLIPSE DECK FYI: On the Eclipse head unit: When I had my Eclipse installed they told me the Security feature was turned off/disengaged until I programmed it otherwise. Well...my battery went dead and guess what? The Eclipse unit is asking for it's Security code! Without one, the deck, as I understand it, needs to be sent back to Eclipse...which is actually a good thing regarding theft protection etc. The shop that installed it is going to swap the deck out for me.

Just thought I would let you know now...so you can get your Flash Card or CD set-up with a security code before you disconnect power or your battery dies.

Most noise problems with stereos are from a bad ground. I'm not familiar with the LC stereo, but if the Eclipse puts out more power than the factory head unit, then you may need a better ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom