"Booger" the 1982 Toyota Griffith Trailblazer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up a donor cab for Booger last night. Going to be using some of the floor pans, various interior dash pieces and some other odds and ends. The doors may get retrofitted also as I’m a sucker for corner windows.

002C62E1-D3CA-4580-B5FB-5B9F93DB6243.jpeg

Looks like a fun build!
I had those Regul Trailblazers on my 88 4runner when I bought it back in 2002.
Think they were Pep Boys brand if I'm not mistaken

Bit of an update. Still no real wrenching on booger until my garage frees up. Got the donor cab completely stripped. Keeping a lot of extra parts such as dash parts, wiper motor and linkage, harness, gauge cluster, trim, seatbelts, floorboards, air controls and vent pieces/tubes, etc. I'm selling the hood, doors, bench seat, and fenders and such but will keep the rest of the cab and engine bay parts I pulled until I finish with Booger and then sell what I didn't use or don't want to keep.

The floors were definitely rustier than advertised but I've far surpassed my cost of the cab with parts I've taken from it so I'm happy. Booger's driver seat mount, underseat floor boards, sides of the tunnel, and sides of the floors where it meets the rocker are all rusty and those parts of this cab are solid so I'll be using those. However, the pedal box area floor is rusty on this one too so I'll likely guy some C2C floor board patches to fix those.

Last step is to cut the floors out and any other metal I want to keep. Then the cab will be offered up and scrapped if no one wants the carcass.

E3E46D24-406B-4100-8D31-34AF69771D53.jpeg

A3F2C4D8-BD8F-42EF-8F5E-FEB558DD6F1B.jpeg

17888B43-78F5-48AD-91BB-260F408893EA_1_201_a.jpeg

My new windshield gasket came in the mail so that will get replaced soon as that's the main source of the water leak in the cab and reason why the floors rusted so badly.

Not much progress here yet. Just finished the big roof rust project on my FJ60 and am wrapped up in life until mid-June. Afterwards is when this will get moving. Until then, I've started gathering some parts. Got a set of chrome 15s to go on it and replace the hideous and destroyed wheels on there currently. These will get paired with a set of either 31 or 33 skinnies. I haven't decided which yet.

Shoutout @IcutYourCruiser for the hookup!

IMG_4802.JPG

Last edited:
Booger Booger Booger!!

Well Boogers story has come to an end…with me at least. With a baby on the way (due next month) I wasn’t going to have time to tackle this project so it was passed on to a local friend. It will get the same treatment I was going to do and I’m excited to see Booger’s return later on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom