Bolts in Seat rails for power seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NTV

Threads
Hello. Does anyone know what the silver bolts are that spin in the seat rails when the power seat moves forwards or backwards? I accidentally took one off on the passenger side seat. It went back on easily and the power seat works fine but I was concerned I might have accidentally hurt the power seat mechanism. Since this bolt spins right and left depending if the seat is moving forward or backward I don’t think I hurt anything by tightening the bolt back on. Do I have to be concerned with it being adjusted correctly? Thanks for any help you can provide. Just a little nervous even though power seat works fine.

Hello. Does anyone know what the silver bolts are that spin in the seat rails when the power seat moves forwards or backwards? I accidentally took one off on the passenger side seat. It went back on easily and the power seat works fine but I was concerned I might have accidentally hurt the power seat mechanism. Since this bolt spins right and left depending if the seat is moving forward or backward I don’t think I hurt anything by tightening the bolt back on. Do I have to be concerned with it being adjusted correctly? Thanks for any help you can provide. Just a little nervous even though power seat works fine.
That is literally the all-thread that the seat moves on. The motor turns the all-thread and the seat moves. Do not tighten anything.

That is literally the all-thread that the seat moves on. The motor turns the all-thread and the seat moves. Do not tighten anything.
Thanks I just put the bolt back on and tightened it enough so it was back on. Given the bolt spins when the all thread moves I think it’s fine. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks I just put the bolt back on and tightened it enough so it was back on. Given the bolt spins when the all thread moves I think it’s fine. Thanks for the feedback.
My only concern now is by turning that bolt is it possible I have adjusted one all thread rod more than the other side and it could have potentially misaligned the seat and maybe damage the motor? Do I need to check that there is equal distance on the all thread on both sides now? Just want to make sure I don’t damage anything by using the power seat now. It seems to move back and forth just fine. Appreciate the insight. Had a brain fart moment today when installing a fire extinguisher bracket! Dumb move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom