bolts from a OME steering stabilizer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Land Speeder

InstaH8R
Threads
I just installed my OME steering damper stabilizer. Dang what a pain! I had all the right tools, soaked it all day long with PB Blaster, still it took 2 hours to get it off, and the OME went on in 5 minutes.
To my Point....My stabilizer came with US standard type bolts! This doesn't seem right since all my shocks came with metric. Is this normal? Also, the rubbers were black but painted yellow, not yellow like my shocks. Is that normal?

Land Speeder said:
Also, the rubbers were black but painted yellow, not yellow like my shocks. Is that normal?

The OME stabilizer I just got for my 40 is the same way. I'm guessing the paint will probably flake off once the rubber starts to flex some.

Yeah the paint started flaking in my hand, and especially when I tightened the bolt up.

besides the painted bushings, what about the nuts? were they metric or standard like mine?

Land Speeder said:
besides the painted bushings, what about the nuts? were they metric or standard like mine?

A 19MM wrench fits the nut pretty well. I don't have any way to know whether the threads are std or metric though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom