Bolt on turbo kit (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

if you want to test it in the elevation, hwy 395 going up Conway summit is the highest elevation on any us highway. but before that make a right on hwy 168 at bigpine, ca and head up to white mountain peak where they tested on monkeys for space. youll be driving at about 14k'. I took my tundra with a 4.7 up there and it was starving for air and the power dropoff was significant... it would be a good test for the summer...

Been on both many many times. The SC does great on 395 from LA to Tahoe and back. I’m sure by summer there will be a handful of these testing on those highways :p

Been on both many many times. The SC does great on 395 from LA to Tahoe and back. I’m sure by summer there will be a handful of these testing on those highways :p
if the wife sees it my way, one will be mine for sure. I used to live in bishop and most of my family is still there. I'm there a lot...

if you want to test it in the elevation, hwy 395 going up Conway summit is the highest elevation on any us highway. but before that make a right on hwy 168 at bigpine, ca and head up to white mountain peak where they tested on monkeys for space. youll be driving at about 14k'. I took my tundra with a 4.7 up there and it was starving for air and the power dropoff was significant... it would be a good test for the summer...

It isn’t the highest elevation, it is 8,000 feet. That said, between the steepness of the grades and speeds on that area of 395, it makes for a challenge.

It isn’t the highest elevation, it is 8,000 feet. That said, between the steepness of the grades and speeds on that area of 395, it makes for a challenge.
yeah Conway summit is around that. I said highest when I meant highest on hwy 395.

take it to the dunes and then mud, then snow and altitude. if you can climb a steep sand dune it would probably do well in the others...
then drop one off to me in Yuma for hot weather testing...

6F3A45E6-2CB7-4D2A-B689-AB6EF3B882A0.jpeg

take it to the dunes and then mud, then snow and altitude. if you can climb a steep sand dune it would probably do well in the others...
then drop one off to me in Yuma for hot weather testing...
GLAMIS!!!

i have to admit, i didn't read all 1 million pages of this thread but i don't remember seeing anything on programming.

I suspect you have noted somewhere already but do you have a guesstimate on when the orders on the 25th will ship? Also is it limited to 25 then? Even though I have boxes of turbo goodies for my 80 (and not completed) your kit is top shelf and I can't see it being a bad investment.

I suspect you have noted somewhere already but do you have a guesstimate on when the orders on the 25th will ship? Also is it limited to 25 then? Even though I have boxes of turbo goodies for my 80 (and not completed) your kit is top shelf and I can't see it being a bad investment.

All orders won’t start shipping until BorgWarner starts delivering my purchase order. They are saying 5-8 weeks. I will be placing that order on Monday.

5-8 weeks before they ship all 25, or will they start trickling in between that time?
Hopefully they have at least some in stock...😉

All orders won’t start shipping until BorgWarner starts delivering my purchase order. They are saying 5-8 weeks. I will be placing that order on Monday.
Cool, thanks

A couple of questions, if they've been answered already please point me to the page #.

I assume the trucks will need to run premium gas with the turbo setup? Not a big deal, but figured it would be good to know.

If we are unavailable Friday at 6PM, how long does the pre-order period go for? I'll be stuck at work at that particular time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom