Body Rust Repair in Denver - Any suggestions or welders looking for work? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don’t know any body shops who would touch a 60. The only LC mechanic I know charges $100 an hour for general jobs but I don’t think he does body work. If you can find someone who’ll do it for $55 an hour I’d jump on it as long as it’s quality work. It really seems like good body shops and machine shops are dropping like flies this year. I found about ten machine shops that recently closed back in the fall when I was looking for them. This is why I’ve resorted to buying all my own tools and doing all the work myself and learning everything I need to know. I’m “young” so I can still do a lot of this work, but the old masters aren’t around anymore to teach it so it’s trial and error sometimes.

I got a quote from mountain high classics to repair the body on my cruiser after a deer jumped in front of it. I haven’t gotten the work done yet so I don’t know the quality of their work - they were excited to see a cruiser and they have worked on at least one since I talked to them. $50-55 sounds unreal in this area.

Probably someone earlier has mentioned Classic cruisers down in Poncha Springs. That’s who Christo from Slee off-road recommended when I called him about my repair.

I got a quote from mountain high classics to repair the body on my cruiser after a deer jumped in front of it. I haven’t gotten the work done yet so I don’t know the quality of their work - they were excited to see a cruiser and they have worked on at least one since I talked to them. $50-55 sounds unreal in this area.

Probably someone earlier has mentioned Classic cruisers down in Poncha Springs. That’s who Christo from Slee off-road recommended when I called him about my repair.
My 73 Ghia is going there this spring after an unfortunate incident with a gap. 31 battery. I still get sick thinking about it - it's perfect restored or was. I'll post up my experience, too.

there's another guy in GJ called liked Rust Busters or something like that - for the price, it might be worth the agonizing trip down I-70. (I hate the tunnel and Vail pass in my 60)

Actually Christo told me about a guy in GJ (maybe the same?). I didn’t follow up since I agree about the trip. CC is far enough!

I called Classic Cruisers in Poncha....they farm out all thier work to Mahnke. Called Mahnke...sent some pics. Shld be hearing back this week. If i were in Colorado and they work in GJ was Grand (cwidt?) Id get it there...but, im Back East for the foreseeable future.

I looked up Mahnke, looks like in Longmont or Arvada or Golden - a chain? Did CC get rid of their workers? Last time I was there inside, granted several years ago, they were working on a bunch of 40s it looked like. Anyway, I'm interested to find out what you hear from Mahnke if you decide to use them. Someone had recommended Redline (I think they are in Castle Rock or CO Springs) to me when I was looking for recs.

Mahnke have decent google reviews but I've personally have become jaded about reviews and only read the worst ones, then decide if I'm okay with whatever I read happening to me. Often, it's yes, but knowing that in general many bad reviews are removed. Just my 2cents

My 73 Ghia is going there this spring after an unfortunate incident with a gap. 31 battery. I still get sick thinking about it - it's perfect restored or was. I'll post up my experience, too.

there's another guy in GJ called liked Rust Busters or something like that - for the price, it might be worth the agonizing trip down I-70. (I hate the tunnel and Vail pass in my 60)
"The Rust Doctor" is the guy in GJ working on my 40 and charges $50/hour.

Can you follow up on this thread when you get it back? If they do good work I might take mine down there.

We can do rust repair, body work, paint, etc. Give us a shout if you guys are still looking for Colorado area shops (we're in Buena Vista). A recent project...

Redline is in Colorado Springs, and I remember one time they posted a 60 for sale with hail damage. They were selling it as is, or they offered to repair and repaint it as well, so I always assumed they did bodywork and paint. If they don't, maybe they farm it out to someone local. Although, if I remember correctly the repair and repaint added 10k to the price of the cruiser. Might still be worth a call though.

Pretty incredible transformation going on there, dude. Are you getting to help with any of the work or is he just sending you photos? You gonna repaint it in the green afterward? Either way, I'm gonna need a ride in it this summer!
Naw he's all the way in GJ sending me updates. We def went over budget so I'm going to have him seal the raw metal with primer until I can figure out how I'm going to paint it.

Naw he's all the way in GJ sending me updates. We def went over budget so I'm going to have him seal the raw metal with primer until I can figure out how I'm going to paint it.
Any updates on how the repair went, Jeremy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom