Body Rust Repair in Denver - Any suggestions or welders looking for work? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title says. Any recommendations on a good welder or auto body shop? Got the typical rear quarter panel rot and a few other problem spots.

Much obliged.

D79F15D2-A2B7-45A7-872A-8715CA0D5EF7.JPG

5C4BDCD0-5DBD-4BFC-ADFB-0D8FED195672.JPG

61604FE6-9F00-492D-A359-D8F6AA2B7BDA.JPG

94664A93-E36B-42F7-AF34-40B3CB05DE62.JPG

2A53A4E6-B6B7-4590-8B7D-43EFE3757F99.JPG

That thing is way too far gone. Might as well give it to your neighbor down the alley...

This guy did work on my 60 a bunch of years ago. I had caused the lower rear quarters and he trimmed them up real nice and followed the body lines perfectly. this was oh..7ish years ago and still look good. here's a recent pic...hits hard to tell they are trimmed up to the untrained eye. the paint match wasn't the greatest and that picture amplifies it. it's actually not that noticeable and didn't gripe since it sees more trail time. IIRC to save some dough I had the trainee do it. I'm not unhappy and the bodywork is really good. which is what I was most focused on.

Outlawspic2017 029.jpg

I would also recommend contacting Classic Cruisers in the Salida area. good people down there. I'm saving for and unloading things to get the $$$ for them to do a full tub restoration on my fj40. I've had several great conversations with them and realistic ones at that. they talked me through different options and "levels" (for lack of a better term) to attack my 40 rust situation.

You're right but I'd hate to put more on your plate ;) btw how the repairs coming?
She's running again, but I'm waiting on some parts to refresh the cooling system. New thermostat, gaskets, etc. P.O. had just used some silicone gasket maker on the thermostat housing, so I'm gonna put the right s*** in.

The rust pictures in first post... thats maybe a bit better than mine was, but also worse. In seattle area it was big bucks if you could find someone. Could redo a ferrari for the same money. What are people thinking is reasonable money to fix that truck? $15k?

The area in front of the rear quarterpanels is quite complex.

I did a tractor style repair job and learned to grind at the same time, was a solid 40 hours of grinding and welding on my back, and i rattlecanned it when done. Is now strong and waterproof. Just didnt see there was any sense putting so much money into an old truck.

Anyone find a Denver local Body + paint spot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom