Bluetooth module for steaming (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone else here installed the SpecUSA BT-45 on the LC? Wondering if the handsfree sound is clearer than factory? But my main goal is to be able to stream music from iphone or iPad.
Trying to make my final decision..

Nope, you'll be our guinea pig!

Works great for me too.

I assume it will also sync up with iPad if playing movie on it and have the sounds output via car speakers as well? Is there a way to prioritize which device it will auto-connect if they are all brought into the car at same time?

I originally installed the BT-45 on my wife's LC and then moved it over to my LX (both are '04). No issues in either vehicle and sounds better than the factory BT (to me at least). I mounted the mic on the corner of the instrument cluster, and everyone I speak to says I'm clear on their end, but occasionally I'll have to turn the AC down if it's running at max speed.

I normally only have it connected to my iPhone, but have switched it over to my iPad before - I believe it will automatically connect to the last device it was connected to when you start the vehicle. When switching devices, I have to go into the bluetooth settings to manually disconnect my phone, and do the same to manually connect the ipad. It's an extra couple of steps but not a problem.

For the price, I don't think you can go wrong with the BT-45

Another vote for the BT45-TOY. I had a local shop install it in my ‘03 LC. Used for both streaming music from my iPhone and back then, also for hands free phone for work. Great sound. Then decided to buy it from Amazon for my wife’s 01 LX. Installed it myself and saved > $250. IIRC, needed an additional connector adapter for the LX.

So I got it installed and its working great. Now it seemed like my previously paired phone has been dropped off from the factory Bluetooth device list.
I didn't know that in order to call or receive calls via the BT-45, I need to have the radio turned on. Whereas the factory Bluetooth will pair with my phone as soon as I start the car and the phone will be on standby, the radio can be off or on. Is there a way to keep the factory Bluetooth working as intended and constantly on?

So I got it installed and its working great. Now it seemed like my previously paired phone has been dropped off from the factory Bluetooth device list.
I didn't know that in order to call or receive calls via the BT-45, I need to have the radio turned on. Whereas the factory Bluetooth will pair with my phone as soon as I start the car and the phone will be on standby, the radio can be off or on. Is there a way to keep the factory Bluetooth working as intended and constantly on?
Yes, if you have a more modern phone. You configure your BT connection on your phone to connect to the BT-45 for audio only. You can then reconnect your phone to the factory bluetooth.

I have iphone, it doesn't look like there's any additional functions other than disconnect and forget the bluetoorh.
Also, I thought all steering wheel functions would work with BT-45 but apparently you need to press down on track to hang up phone, everything else works. Just the phone hook/unhook on steering wheel doesn't work.
I really like the factory bluetooth because it automatically pairs upon engine start and have the phone on standby vs the BT-45 you need to turn on radio first for the handsfree phone to function. The installer did not touch factory Bluetooth so I wonder why it's acting up, did get to use factory handsfree once but then it dropped off which never did before, but BT-45 pairs quickly and stable. Maybe it interferes with the factory bluetooth?
If anyone else has advice, please let me know.

Ok, just read the manual, looks like that's the way by design, phone calls cannot be controlled by steering wheels, need to use the track down button to end calls.
Still wondering about using factory bluetooth for calls and BT-45 for streaming using iphone..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom