Blue ridge reservoir (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Heading out for another one of my legendary try to find a campspot in the dark Friday night adventures in 2 weeks . I want to check out blue ridge reservoir. Anyone have any recommendations on an area to check out? Or fr#? Anything would be appreciated thanks

There is a campground just before you head down to the reservoir. May have a water spigot and out houses. It on the right hand side. There is no camping beyond that point. The FS off 87 has places to camp in the forest. Mainly on the right side. Pretty open in tall pines. Would have to check the number of FS road that heads off to the left it will take you to FS road 95. You go by Moqui lookout tower just before getting to 95. Right on 95 will take you to East Clear Creek. Just before you head down in the canyon you see signs of hiking trails. Those are left hand turns. Once at the bottom of the canyon on 95 you can go right on 95 or left on 96. 95 will take you to the 300 road. 96 will take you up another draw and then a right on 321 to the 300 road. The 300 road is the rim road. I suggest getting a travel map at Long Valley gas station. Believe it closes around 7:00 PM in the summer. It will show you how to get to lakes or trails in the area. Long Valley as known as Clint's Well is between mile post 289 and 290. Can't miss it it's the only businesses in the area. Left side of the road. We're living in this area most of the year.

Thank you sir that helps a ton. You said no camping past that campground? Is it posted no camping or just no spots ? We camped near willow springs lake for memorial day .

It's posted no camping. Your heading down into a canyon with very few spots where you could camp, but it's clearly posted no camping.

Imho the campground is kind of lame. I usually camp off the 751 or 751b fire road. Lots of dispersed camping up there. You should get the Coconino forest travel map. It shows all the spots to camp and spots you are not allowed to camp.

Camping along 751 from 87 to 751B. Then along 751B to 9729K which takes off to the right. 9729Q which is off of 751B before 9729k has camping for a short way. It's to the left. 751D which is off 751 and heads back to 87 and 751E which is a short spur are both open to camping. Plenty of camping spots in the area. Not sure when but archery deer usually opens up sometime in late August. So could be hunters in the area depending when you go.

Camping along 751 from 87 to 751B. Then along 751B to 9729K which takes off to the right. 9729Q which is off of 751B before 9729k has camping for a short way. It's to the left. 751D which is off 751 and heads back to 87 and 751E which is a short spur are both open to camping. Plenty of camping spots in the area. Not sure when but archery deer usually opens up sometime in late August. So could be hunters in the area depending when you go.

Looks like Blue Ridge Res. is in Hunt Unit 5A - archery deer, turkey, javelina - August 25 - September 14 .... just FYI

Now sure if you came up or not. If not will let you know gas at Clint's Well was $249.9. paid $219.9 at the Maverick in Winslow Sunday. Wasn't sure if I had enough gas in my FJ62 to get to Winslow so took a different vehicle. Paid the high Clint's Well price on Monday since the FJ62 is our work around the cabin vehicle. It has been in the mid forties to low fifties here in the mornings.

If anyone is interested got a Email from the forest service today saying the Blue Ridge resevoir will close September 5th until spring 2018.

Look up Kinder Crossing, just a little past the lake and just past the Forest service yard and office, head down toward the trail head , great 1 mile walk down nice trail to bottom of creek, great pools and waterfalls.

have fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom