Blowing Fuse and "Extra wires" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've picked up a blown fuse problem on my "new to me" 2000 LC that seems to be associated with the starter going out. I've had it for a month with no problems, but yesterday I went to start it and it clicked on the first try and then started right up on the second try. I then noticed that my power seats, power windows and power locks were all out. Upon inspection I found the 40 amp Maxi fuse under the dash as blown. I replaced it with everything working fine the rest of yesterday. It all played out the same again this morning with another blown 40 amp Maxi fuse.

I started looking her over and noticed a couple of lose wires running around that makes me wonder what is correct, and what isn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

Strart by tracing those wires from the kickpanel fuse box and disconnect any unnecessary wires.
I would inspect the drivers door wiring loom that goes into the body, big chance there is a broken wire or a short there.
I had the same no windows no locks, no power seats and 40 amp fuse blowing. It turned out to be the drivers seat lumbar support motor got stuck and blew the fuse.

I'll get under mine after work and take some pictures if that helps

Strart by tracing those wires from the kickpanel fuse box and disconnect any unnecessary wires.
I would inspect the drivers door wiring loom that goes into the body, big chance there is a broken wire or a short there.
I had the same no windows no locks, no power seats and 40 amp fuse blowing. It turned out to be the drivers seat lumbar support motor got stuck and blew the fuse.
The lumbar motor might make sense as I just has the seats recovered last week. Thanks for the help!

You should be able to get at that without removing the seat ,that back panel pops off an might give enough access

Last edited:
Little wire wraps around here
1656449589619.png

Might be able to remove the back and take a quick look

1656449622744.png

I was able to make it trip with the drivers seat tilt motor so I think you are pointing me in the right direction. I’ll check it out and will let you know
Awesome good luck , I think both sides have little wires that slink around in there. Maybe something got pinched in there ?

Screenshot_20220628-173215.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom