Blower motor / ac problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I’m having issues with my blower motor. I’ve been looking on here at potential fixes. It trips the CB with the ac on. Initially it was perfect, then it went to over the third highest setting would trip now it’s over the second setting, it’s a new blower motor. I checked the a pillar ground. It appears fine, no sign of corrosion. I understand there is a plug under the dash that has been known to have a bad connection but I don’t know where it is, the one photo I could find I couldn’t reference anything in the pic well enough to find it. Every time it trips, the wires around the blower motor aren’t hot but the CB gets hot. If it means anything my compressor is brand new and it doesn’t cycle, it just runs constant. Thanks in advance for any help

I replaced the CB and the Blower both and it's still blowing (though it takes longer)

The wires at the blower and the CB get really hot.

The Fuse hack just makes my skin itch, So I"m going to replace the resistor pack, and see if that fixes it.
I'm beginning to suspect I need to cut the plugs off the wires and splice a bit further back... either oxidation in the plug, or the wires exposed inside it.
Mark has a Denso blower as well as the NOS blower resister (I got both). Blower works great, but did not fix the issue for me (did for my brother but he used the cheap 4 seasons on that doesn't blow as hard, that may be what fixed it.)

There is a video walk through of replacing the resistor

have any thoughts on this , and its possible cause of your symptoms and issue at hand ?

Call Out
# 84730

Part #
84730-90A00

Part #
84730-90A02

both are Disc. / NLA Globally ........:confused:

1664877258111.png

1664877119456.png

1664877679572.png

1664877665350.png

1664877697097.png

this is the 1st ever and ONLY currently 60 61 62 HVAC Blower Resister ( anything ) Tech Video that exists globally it this time .....

= its WELL filmed , well edited and product.

on was by the FSM 100% correct ......!

you should be proud :)

most excellent work here
Not my video, found it goolging

I too live in Texas and my wires also get super hot.

Mark do you sell the connectors for resistor, blower and ac on off and fan speed switch? A new sub harness with fatter wires may be the best answer...

Ac on off switch is the only one that is not just under the dash.

Am I missing any connectors to make the ac work
I bought a used Heater panel for the ac switch and fan switch, so I may take them apart and clean them and see if i can put them back together.

I do wish those two switches were avaialble.

E-

Last edited:
Not my video, found it goolging

I too live in Texas and my wires also get super hot.

Mark do you sell the connectors for resistor, blower and ac on off and fan speed switch? A new sub harness with fatter wires may be the best answer...

Ac on off switch is the only one that is not just under the dash.

Am I missing any connectors to make the ac work
I bought a used Heater panel for the ac switch and fan switch, so I may take them apart and clean them and see if i can put them back together.

I do wish those two switches were avaialble.

E-

YES ,

- I DO have 100% of ANY FJ60 8/80-9/87 OEM Connectors available to help you out here :)

- i CAN source you a NOS Fan Speed switch , if yours is bad of course , this is what i do and do well .......:cool:

1.1 - Copy.png

1650128033816 - Copy.png

I replaced the Blower motor, and the resistor, and cleaned up the fan switch with de-oxit 5, and it appears to have fixed it.

The fan switch moves much easier now too.

Measured amps at the breaker are now ~11. I did not measure before, so no comparison, as I just got the small clamp lead.

The wires were uncomfortable to touch at breaker and blower plugs, now they are hot, but not uncomfortable to touch.

I replaced the Blower motor, and the resistor, and cleaned up the fan switch with de-oxit 5, and it appears to have fixed it.

The fan switch moves much easier now too.

Measured amps at the breaker are now ~11. I did not measure before, so no comparison, as I just got the small clamp lead.

The wires were uncomfortable to touch at breaker and blower plugs, now they are hot, but not uncomfortable to touch.
so I have hot wires too. I solved the blower motor tripping the CB by bypassing it with an inline 30amp fuse and it has worked fine for a few years now. Since my wires still get hot I ordered a new resistor and thought I would change it out while I can still get it. You mentioned you cleaned up the fan switch....any pics or can you elaborate? Did you pull the unit from the dash and clean it up where it plugs into the AC control unit??

I sprayed it out liberally with this squirting in through the slot in front., waited a bit till I thought i was dry, sprayed it out again and worked the switch back and forth as it dried (it doesn't dry 100% is leave a bit of lube behind.)
I may have sprayed it out a few more times.

It's mostly flushing action, but It has 5% of a contact deoxidizer. I"m going to spray out the connectors next with the same stuff to see if it helped.
I bought another brand of spray in contact/pcb cleaner, but this one was in my garage, so I tried it first.

Amazon product ASIN B00I3G272M

I let it sit a good hour before I ran the system, just to let it all evaporate off.

I had a spare old switch on hand, so I was willing to risk being the first to try it. I don't see any damage to the switch. They have 100% Deoxit solutions, including a pinpont oiler, but I have not tried them

I used the Denso part from Matt.

It was indistinguishable from the old, exceptf ro dirt and oxidization
I also had the 4seasons part, it also looked the same except for where i bent it putting it back into the box. I did not try running it. I figured denso was a better bet.

E-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom