Blizzard White 070 vs Crystal White Pearl 062 - close enough? (side mirror replacement) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Geetings

My LX470 is White Pearl - colour code 062.

The right hand side - driver's side here in the land down under - mirror has a couple of issues, including:
  1. The detent to hold the assembly "out" has been damaged, so it doesn't hold the position properly and slowly swings in. Easily fixed - wind down window, push out, and voilà
  2. The mirror mechanism has been damaged, it won't tilt up/down and is pretty "graunchy" left/right as well
I was planning to replace both mirrors with the nice chrome ones from an LC100 - we had them on ours and they're better suited offroad when the tree branches scrape past.

Anyhoo - yesterday a 2003 LX470 (being wrecked) appeared in my feed - paint code 070. Mmm - could I get one (or both) of the mirrors and replace mine?

It looks like 070 is "whiter" than 062 - however any comments as to how obvious the difference is?

TIA

(Edited to add - it's a bit of a hike to the other LX470 hence this question)

Here's an 070 White Blizzard:

And my 062 Crystal White Pearl:

Last edited:
Geetings

My LX470 is White Pearl - colour code 062.

The right hand side - driver's side here in the land down under - mirror has a couple of issues, including:
  1. The detent to hold the assembly "out" has been damaged, so it doesn't hold the position properly and slowly swings in. Easily fixed - wind down window, push out, and voilà
  2. The mirror mechanism has been damaged, it won't tilt up/down and is pretty "graunchy" left/right as well
I was planning to replace both mirrors with the nice chrome ones from an LC100 - we had them on ours and they're better suited offroad when the tree branches scrape past.

Anyhoo - yesterday a 2003 LX470 (being wrecked) appeared in my feed - paint code 070. Mmm - could I get one (or both) of the mirrors and replace mine?

It looks like 070 is "whiter" than 062 - however any comments as to how obvious the difference is?

TIA

(Edited to add - it's a bit of a hike to the other LX470 hence this question)

Here's an 070 White Blizzard:

And my 062 Crystal White Pearl:

Personal view ….

I think some difference between 062 and 070 may be noticeable in some lights, but mainly noticed only by you because you know they are different.

The 2006 HDJ100R-GNAEZQ Land Cruiser Sahara in the picture below is Crystal Pearl White 062 (as defined on the plate on the door pillar). To my eye, 062 it is a more stark white than what I take to be 070 and which I think I have seen on some LX470’s in our part of the world (but colour designation unconfirmed).

The 2006 HDJ100R Sahara (and 2006 UZJ100R Sahara) have “chrome” electric side mirrors which are a lot easier to replace from a wrecking yard or with aftermarket versions probably made in China or Taiwan. I used a new aftermarket version maybe 4 years ago when the LHS mirror argued with a pylon in an underground carpark and lost the fight. It fits well, works well. Will it last 25 years as one might hope for an OEM part? I don’t know. Usually I strive for OEM replacement parts (or better) but for a side mirror I was prepared to compromise – the OEM price, if available, was just too steep! IMPEX appears to have stock at USD179.44 plus delivery.

An electric black version treated and re-painted in 062 might be an option.

I notice that some recent vehicles in the Lexus range designated "F Sport" carry black mirrors -- so maybe a black replacement is an acceptable modernisation?

Something from the Australian-made Clearview range might be worth a thought -- maybe their "Compact Mirror" rather than the full towing mirror -- but it is expensive!

Shop - Clearview - https://www.clearviewaccessories.com.au/shop/?wpce_search=1012297&post_type=product

Otherwise, it probably boils down to whether you want to maintain “Lexus purity” in appearance or whether you would find a little bit of the Land Cruiser gene pool to be acceptable.

If you want to explore the colours further, maybe experimenting with touch-up colours on the damaged mirror might help (spraycans also available):

FOR LEXUS TOUCH UP PAINT Crystal White Pearl 062 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/192374461305

FOR TOYOTA TOUCH UP PAINT Blizzard Pearl for Toyota Color 070 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/172969865003

HDJ100R in 062 Crystal Pearl.jpg

Last edited:
Otherwise, it probably boils down to whether you want to maintain “Lexus purity” in appearance or whether you would find a little bit of the Land Cruiser gene pool to be acceptable.
I just wanted to add, the Lexus mirrors have self-dimming, heated and auto-retract features. It is possible to swap the wiring and 'guts' out but it is pain. The three screws have permanent thread lock on them. I tried heat but they won't budge easily even using a impact screwdriver. I ended up drilling them out. The connector has ~10 wires that need to be de-pinned and then re-inserted in perspective positions.

the OEM price, if available, was just too steep! IMPEX appears to have stock at USD179.44 plus delivery.
Yep my UZJ100R GXL had the chrome ones as well. Only difference is the LX LHS (ie passenger side) LX mirror can be folded with the press of a button.

Does your update Sahara LHS mirror fold in as per the LX? My mate's pre-update Sahara doesn't.

That being said, I agree with you that 070 and 062 will be indistinguishable to most, especially since on the RHS there's a snorkel.

I'll see if I can get 2 cheap mirrors from the wreckers, and then see if I can get them off the donor car!
self-dimming, heated and auto-retract features.
Here in Oz, no heating. Appreciate the heads up on the 3 screws - another thread suggests they aren't "loktite'd" and removal is 3 screws, remove door card to access harness connector.

(Edited - heating does work in Oz)

I'll report back on this enterprise over the next few weeks.

And after 6 months, this LX is absolute keeper. It was simply imperious on Fraser in comparison to my previous LC...

Last edited:
Let me clarify, the mirror assembly is easy replace but if you wanted to swap just the mirror housing and keep the internals including the auto fold parts, it can be difficult.

Yep my UZJ100R GXL had the chrome ones as well. Only difference is the LX LHS (ie passenger side) LX mirror can be folded with the press of a button.

Does your update Sahara LHS mirror fold in as per the LX? My mate's pre-update Sahara doesn't.

Confirming that the vertical and horizontal field of view of the OEM electric mirrors on my 2006 HDJ100R-GNAEZQ Land Cruiser Sahara and subsequent aftermarket replacement electric mirror can be adjusted from the control inside the vehicle in front of the RHS armrest -- but there is no provision for fold/retract, look down when reversing, self-dim nor heat nor memory, etc.

Enjoyed multiple trips to Fraser Island K'gari Queensland over the years, initially long, long ago in a 2002 HDJ100R (mirrors similar), most recently in convoy with the 2020 LX570 in the pic at Post #2. The 2006 HDJ100R with standard-size BFG LT 275/65R17 121/118S KO2 at ~18 psi in the sand was unstoppable, agree "imperious" in all conditions. Better handling than its predecessor or the LX570 -- or is that my prejudice showing! Maxtrax and usual recovery stuff carried but never looked like being required, found a use for AHC "HI" and for the compressor. Despite a wealth of available written guidance and any number of available YouTube videos, always amazed at the number of people who discover sand driving principles at Fraser/K'gari by "experiential learning" -- after they are stuck or in trouble due to excessive speed.

Mrs IndroCruise gave permission to buy one of the last VDJ200R with 4.5 litre V8 1VD-FTV turbodiesel -- so the 2006 HDJ100R has now been transferred to family in Perth Western Australia but remains under my watchful eye -- too good and too young to let it go. The new truck and the V8 turbodiesel are great -- but the now 17 year old teenager with AHC/TEMS is a better ride than the new kid on the block with conventional suspension even with KDSS (no AHC/AVS available on LC200 in Australia). Considered LX450d with AHC/AVS (turbodiesel version of LX570) but it only has 93 litres (24.6 US gallons) fuel tank and 20" wheels with low profile rubber -- so it is not really a Cruiser without a lot of changes.

If needed, the Clearview video at Post #2 explains all the clips, connectors and bolts involved in removal of mirror controls, door controls, doorcard and mirror on LC100 -- connectors and additional functions will be different on LX470 as mentioned by @hoser .

Last edited:
Compare the pair:

070 (on top) *appears* to be slightly "warmer" than 062. On the car you wouldn't be able to distinguish, the photo slightly accentuates the really subtle differences. The paint on the one from the wrecker is in poorer condition too, so more polishing and buffing needed.

Once installed, all functions - tilt up/down and left/right, folding in - are working, even the heating which I (erroneously) thought wasn't a feature here in not so cold Oz.

PXL_20230227_233604633.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom