Blizzard 2013 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not much open right now. Drove around for a while to find a place open to get take-out.

At least they canceled work today.:meh:

Just finished putting ice screws in my dirt bike tires, maybe I should go for a ride, just to flip a finger in the face of convention. Maybe I'll just have another beer.
:hmm: :cheers:

Just got home from being on call.
May have to go back out in a little while.
Put the cruiser back together last night and she made me a large amount of money, safely today.
Man I love my truck!

Ehhh.

image-2433972382.jpg

Little over 20" here. 3 1/2 hours with a shovel and snowblower to clean things up.
Have a mound in the back yard 9' high and about 15' in diameter, good place for the
grandson to play!
Corolla in the foreground right next to a 40.

1storm1.JPG

1storm2.jpg

We got close to 3 feet, the wind was the killer, the snow drifts were the worst, drove into a drift in a white out this morning and came to a sudden stop. This was a good storm:clap:

I slept in ........... fortunately I did the first 6" last night. :rolleyes: 30" at once thoroughly kicked the Chevy's butt. :lol:

IMG_4832.JPG

We got 32"+ Just got done cleaning the parking lot,shovel off 16 decks,all the sidewalks, steps the renters where good this time finally! Had to get a trojan front end loader over to push the 15' piles back. Now time for sleep!

Still no power at my house been running a propane hseater in the basement to keep the pipes from freezing hour onan hour off got my camp chair out and roasted marshmellows trying to avoid draining a two system house
My fir tree lost a trunk and smacked the neighbors roof then the top 20 feet of that truck snapped and hit the next neighbors roof i am pretty popular on my street theses days

40inches of that good white stuff in Hamden CT. There was a driving ban in place, but working for the power company I had a badge of freedom. Had no problem driving around in the 4runner until I got home. Snowplow came and I end up getting high center in my own driveway. He'd to winch myself into my driveway.

image-3650177030.jpg

Took the rally truck out a little bit. Got up to maybe 50ish on the mystic valley parkway totally sideways for a good couple miles. Felt like Colin McRea. Did some more drifting around town with utv tires on the back.

Good stuff wish this would happen more often.

On the way to work pulled out 2cars one full size dodge and a crossover suv who's owner thought he could drive through a 4ft snow drift. Made $50 before I got in :)

After surviving numerous close calls driving and plowing friday and saturday.......I was almost "that guy" on the way to work on bare roads this morning. Black ice, watched the Ford Transit and the generic econobox ahead doing crazy gyrations and nothing to do but ride it out sliding right past them. :eek: 2x the mass = 2x the distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom