Blinking check engine light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok so I don't have any noticeable issues while I'm driving, however, during startup and when the key is turned to the accessory position the check engine light blinks continuously. It's not throwing any codes. Any ideas what could be causing this?

The only ECU codes I see that causes the MIL to blink is P0300 - P0306, which are all misfire codes.

Is the engine running rough, or stumbling? When did this start happening, and did you do anything right before that might have caused it (such as power washing the engine)?

The funny thing though is that it's not throwing any codes. It's running normally. There aren't any issues that I can see. Strange. I would think it may be something electrical given that it also occurrs when I have the key in the accessory position without the engine on.

How did you check for codes? With an OBD-II code reader?

It shouldn't blink or be on unless there is a code.

If there truly is no code, then you have a short or electrical gremlin somewhere. That will likely be a nightmare to track down.

I’m having a similar issue. It’s a OBDII 95 and the check engine light is blinking when the keys at the “on” position. I just scanned it and nothing came up and I’m a little confused. Could the blinking check engine light be on because it’s been sitting and the battery was dead for an extended period of time? I bought a 96 and this ones had to be jumped twice to move it around the yard over a 2 month period and then it was driven once to charge the battery and wash it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom