blacksmithing work station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad I bought my old anvil a few years ago at the swap meet. 110 lb for $75.
Another hobby, OMG. List of things to get:
Fire Insurance : check!

So gofast when are we going to see you under the bright lights of TV?

Glad I bought my old anvil a few years ago at the swap meet. 110 lb for $75.
Another hobby, OMG. List of things to get:
Fire Insurance : check!

Nice score. On a whim I browsed marketplace for anvils, holy s***balls are they expensive! I'm really kicking myself now for not taking the one from the family farm when I had the chance.

Nice score. On a whim I browsed marketplace for anvils, holy s***balls are they expensive! I'm really kicking myself now for not taking the one from the family farm when I had the chance.
Sigh, damned Covid. I miss the swap meet every Sunday.

So gofast when are we going to see you under the bright lights of TV?

Forged in Fire has only ever taken one Canadian. Inquiring, apparently I would be going there for work so not allowed. When I asked about the guy from Montreal they indicated their policy is US only. That was before covid.

The PA forges are real forges - they'll help a smith move metal. Very small heat chamber so really good for knife building or making spindles. Anvils are garbage. however this guy sells reasonably priced 110 pound units Tools

I have been in the bright lights though, July 28, 2019 entered "The Sound of the Forge", black smith competition at Blind Tiger Vineyards. Made local news on Global, I was the background blacksmith, my interview never made the cut. Went searching for it right now but no luck. Lots of articles on it though.

Last edited:
My kid and I have been watching that forge show on Netflix. I am thinking I want to build one w/ an old grill my friend has in a pile of bulk trash. She reminded me that a roommate she lived w/ was on the show in ‘15. I’m going to look for the show on YouTube and see if I can find it. His name was Jaime. Will read through here too but has anyone done it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom