Blackout options for an Iceberg (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Two weeks in on new to me 2011 Iceberg...
Looking to blackout grille, handles, mirrors and bumper caps.
Are there some good kits? I've seen a few piecemeal parts...
Remove and paint?

Some parts are available (ie mirrors) that are black and " paint to match", so you would not have to paint.

Easiest may be to remove and paint.

Black mirrors, door handles and white grill on mine:

untitled-0562.jpg

Some parts are available (ie mirrors) that are black and " paint to match", so you would not have to paint.

Easiest may be to remove and paint.

Black mirrors, door handles and white grill on mine:

View attachment 2324583

I definitely want the matte black...

Nice rig!

I'm just getting started with my clean slate. I already have good camping gear, just need to get the trail basics for my Iceberg now.

Gotham City Land Cruisers has their Coal Mine Cruiser Classic coming up July 8 thru 11

It is in Tremont PA, so not too far from MD.

Everything from stock to break something. Great group of people.

Some show up on Wed, others, because of work come Fri night, wheel Sat, enjoy the BBQ and head home on Sun.

Gotham City Land Cruisers has their Coal Mine Cruiser Classic coming up July 8 thru 11

It is in Tremont PA, so not too far from MD.

Everything from stock to break something. Great group of people.

Some show up on Wed, others, because of work come Fri night, wheel Sat, enjoy the BBQ and head home on Sun.

Thanks so much for sharing!! I will definitely look into it!! I am excited to meet some fellow Cruiser owners relatively in the area!! Total noob and stock so far but it would be great to meet some new, like minded people in the NE/Mid Atlantic!

MIrrors are a bit more difficult and pricey. You can find aftermarket ones, but they are usually glossy and not matte like the TT parts. I haven't been able to find a reasonably priced grille/bezel. I just opted to paint mine.

I ended up removing and painting my mirrors, which wasn't hard at all if you're comfortable with taking the inner door panels off. The bumper covers and valances I masked off and painted on the truck.

The handles and grill I opted to take parts off a TT (my wrecked TT) to swap on.

I posted a reply to you elsewhere before seeing this thread, but there are part numbers and prices here: Toyota FJ Cruiser Black Out parts

I think I will remove and paint section by section as time allows, rather than spend stupid money on replacements. That money can be better use on overlanding gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom