BK in DK (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GarnerFJ40

2020-2022 ONSC President
Threads
So, I think a lot of people had heard that I was to make an extended business trip to Copenhagen, DK starting in the summer. This was the reason I had to move up my hosting of the Hurricane Creek Trip to July, instead of August. So, I'm starting this thread so everyone who's curious can follow my next 4-6 months in Denmark.

The Relic Run was a blast, but this is the time of so many great rides in the history and season of ONSC trips: Logan's Run, Portsmouth, (Brown Mt. :) !) and the Annual Christmas Party! All of which I will miss, as a result of taking a new position in Novo Nordisk. But, it's all worth it in the end! Here's a pic of the project we're working on. My old building is way off in the top right corner.

So, first off. I'm making the transition of driving my 1995 Black FZJ80 to work, to riding a new offroad machine (similarities are purely coincidental!) a 2017 Motobecane HAL6 XT11:

So, I used to get 11-12 mpg and now it's more like a km/59 kcal. So, I'm planning on biking about 16 miles a day (8 miles from work to my apartment). So, that should result in about a 45 lb decrease in GVW, if I stay away from the high test fuel. :)

So, I'll keep everyone posted with some pics of my travels, foreign Landcruisers and other notable vehicles I run across. Possibly some Danish and Swedish singletrack, and I've also been told I need to get in touch with a few fellow Novo employees as they run the local offroading group on the west coast of Zealand (island that Copenhagen is on).

Last edited:
Awesome. The links to pics are not coming up for me. I am following this thread. ;<)

IH8MUD Forum - Error
You do not have permission to view media within this album.

Same as above.

OK, should be fixed now. You can see I haven't posted pics in a while...

That bike looks sweet!

Interested to hear what your thoughts are on herring many ways and Danish style licorice. Supposedly Lakrids is the spot for licorice and herring is like everywhere and everyone loves it.

Have fun dude! We'll hit some two wheeled trails when you get home.

Interested to hear what your thoughts are on herring many ways and Danish style licorice. Supposedly Lakrids is the spot for licorice and herring is like everywhere and everyone loves it.

Yep, on both accounts. Herring isn't so bad, definitely not as good as some fresh tuna, grouper, or mahi but I can take it. The fishiness is covered up by all of there various sauces, and placed on the typical Danish Rye bread (colon cleaner!). I was never a real licorice fan, until I started having the Salt Licorice, but I have seen the Lakrids stands and stores in DK. It's all the rage in DK, and of course they have their version of Jager or Sambuca, called Fisherman's Friend which is high in the licorice flavor!

So, had a meeting today discussing Nitrogen vendors in the US and outside was this sweet Aston Martin, queue Al for British cars...

Funny, I've had two meetings with Danes discussing local vendors/supply sites located in Wilmington, NC. I've had to come almost 5000 miles to talk to the Danish experts about growing up in Wilmington, and how my career has almost come full circle to support the business community that I so closely grew up in, (and couldn't find a job in after college!).

A sweet DBS is my ultimate daily driver........

or an old vantage

Yep, on both accounts. Herring isn't so bad, definitely not as good as some fresh tuna, grouper, or mahi but I can take it. The fishiness is covered up by all of there various sauces, and placed on the typical Danish Rye bread (colon cleaner!). I was never a real licorice fan, until I started having the Salt Licorice, but I have seen the Lakrids stands and stores in DK. It's all the rage in DK, and of course they have their version of Jager or Sambuca, called Fisherman's Friend which is high in the licorice flavor!

Pickled Herring is good in small doses

Yes, so as part of the Danish tax to encourage public transportation and discourage more cars, the eventual price of the car is 180% of the value!

Yes, so as part of the Danish tax to encourage public transportation and discourage more cars, the eventual price of the car is 180% of the value!

ughhh!

Man I suck on keeping everyone informed! Can't beleive it's already November, and I haven't posted ANYTHING!!! Between work, and people visiting me, it's been a whirlwind! I need to backtrack a little to get everyone up to speed!

Biking is big in Denmark, and instead of renting a car and trying to figure out where to park, I bought/brought my bike to get back into it. Now I'm ready to hang with Andrew, Free, Jay, Mike, and Ramon! ONSC is
an offroad club regardless of if it's a LC or a MTB!

Andrew's (UZJ100) probably the one that's been following my biking the closest! The "Mountain" Bike trails are pretty good, but the on road bike lanes are even better. My normal commute between my apartment and work is 13.6km or about 8.5 miles, and doing it twice gets me about 17 miles of seat time. On a good week, along with the weekend trail riding, I can get about 100 miles in. Here's some pics of the trails...
IMG_0572.JPG
IMG_0574.JPG
IMG_0577.JPG
IMG_0578.JPG

I run across a bunch of cool Off road vehicles, hard to snap a pic when I come across them as I saw a lifted, expedition ready 80 on my way to our company summer party, but couldn't get a pic. But here are some of the notable ones so far:
IMG_0600.JPG

Lifeguarding filled my college years, and my medical influences as I was the only State certified EMT on the beach during those years, and learned how to drive on soft sand (Suzuki Samurai!)! So this Defender has a soft spot in my heart! Passed it on my regular route from home to work one morning.

IMG_0040.JPG

This Rover however was a perfect specimen (if you like Rovers!) which compared to LC's are nothing, but you have to still admire them! My daughter knows what's up! This one is just right around the corner from my apartment...

IMG_0078.JPG

Can't have a post with just British offroad vehicles! This is a nice 70 series that I'd love to bring home to the States... Found this one in Helsingor where Hamlet's Castle (Elsinor) is located just on the northern tip of Denmark where a small straight seperates DK and Sweden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom