Bj73 weight (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody happen to know the weight of a Spanish spec bj73? I need the weight to register it and the original VM engine is toast (of course) and I don’t have anything to tow it to scales with. Thanks!

My BJ74, with lift kit, 33" tires, ARB front bumper/ home made rear tipped the scales at 4600lbs. So I'd imagine as @gilmorneau said, you are between 4100~4300lbs stock. I've read that 1870kg number for the BJ74 stock as well.

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 9.55.30 AM.png

1835 kg (4045 lbs)

The exact weight will depend on accessories and engine choice and you need to know if they are wet weights or dry weights.
The easiest way is to take it over a weigh bridge

In my experience (and maybe this differs in WA state) the exact weight isn't critical, so long as you get close. I've registered vehicles in Montana and discovered that the person at the DMV mistook the GVM in kg for the GVW in pounds, resulting in a couple of very light LandCruisers!

Does anybody happen to know the weight of a Spanish spec bj73? I need the weight to register it and the original VM engine is toast (of course) and I don’t have anything to tow it to scales with. Thanks!
My BJ73 is a Spanish spec. (Came from Valencia), but with a 3B engine.
My papers say
Max gross weight (fully loaded): 2410kg
Weight (empty, ready to drive): 1980kg
Axle max weights: Front 1250kg, Rear 1500kg

Maybe that helps
Regards
Ralf

Nice thread. What would be REALLY interesting would be to know the original weight distribution, front to rear, of the BJ73 with the 3B. This would especially help when adding sandbags to the rear for heavy snow driving. Also would be nice to know for general loading purposes.

I've never tried it but I think you can get your BJ73 weighed on truck scales (including distribution) for like $12.

Thats 2,127kg . I thought it would have been lighter .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom