Builds BJ-73 from Finland build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So next year you will invite me to IironSika Trophy??? Good luck!!! :cheers:

I said LITTLE play ground... :steer:

In Ladoga there is a lot of classes from tourism to proto. Easiest is driving on the road and hardest is drowning your car into the swamp. And others are between those. I personally think that hardest thing in trophy is to drive over 1000 km in very, VERY bad Russian roads and FAST. And all that in a week and between heavy winching, swimming, rock crawling, dune driving etc.

With your 4Runner you could drive Ladoga. Your class would be proto. Must things in car are minimum front and rear winch, able to dive deep, very low gears but also well enough to drive on the street for those 1000km. Timo Lipponen from Offroadtarvike is at second place in proto right now and he is driving KZJ-73, wich is not far from stock other than Volvo axles and winches.

But most important things are ATTITUDE and MONEY. It ain´t cheap comp.

I said LITTLE play ground... :steer:

In Ladoga there is a lot of classes from tourism to proto. Easiest is driving on the road and hardest is drowning your car into the swamp. And others are between those. I personally think that hardest thing in trophy is to drive over 1000 km in very, VERY bad Russian roads and FAST. And all that in a week and between heavy winching, swimming, rock crawling, dune driving etc.

With your 4Runner you could drive Ladoga. Your class would be proto. Must things in car are minimum front and rear winch, able to dive deep, very low gears but also well enough to drive on the street for those 1000km. Timo Lipponen from Offroadtarvike is at second place in proto right now and he is driving KZJ-73, wich is not far from stock other than Volvo axles and winches.

But most important things are ATTITUDE and MONEY. It ain´t cheap comp.

I read the regulations earlier today, so I saw I was in proto class. I know Timo, met him at LT2007. Impressive, but I have seen him drive and he don`t go quietly... Laughed long and hard when I saw him do some posts in LT. It is easier to risk your truck when you dont have to drive it home afterwards! ;)

I have 2 winches and most equipment so technically I should be ready. Maybe next year. I am doing LT and Arctic Trophy this year. Everything is located very far from home, so I need to spend lots of both time and money to enter.

I hope to do some of the Finnish cup to, maybe we will meet sometime. Nice truck btw!!! :cheers:

Update. BJ have been sitting in a barn with a broken birfield since july, because we bought a little farm and i have been busy with our new place. BUT, this came home again. Actually this is the third time when i own this Hilux...

Oh, somebody still remembers it...!? :D

I broke two birfields, got tired of it, sold it. New owner broke engine, transmission and some other stuff and parted it.

RIP
31102009270.jpg

man awesome rig. I want a rear winch but the new 15 year old vehicle rules here prohibit this any excuse to get us of the road as of next year.

My mekanik ses a winch should only be on the front and you turn around to winch someone out but i think and know I need one on the rear to rescue other vehicles or pull me out of the crap .

is the rig 24v or 12v

Thanks, but it´s HYVÄ SUOMI! ;)

BJ is 24V.

Right now i would really like to get my hands to that Hilux... again... Plan is to get it done as cheap as possible. Engine Volvo B230 with ZF auto, Russian GAZ transfer case, no portals this time, but some straight axles. Possibly from HJ60. Kemppi locker rear and LSD front. Coil springs.

But before that, i have to make some kind of shop... All i have right now is garage in the basement, wich is too low and couple of barns without electricity.

Update about BJ: traded it to this LJ-70 with GM 400+400+205 and HDJ-80 axles. 396 horses :D
V8-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom