BJ 42 vent covers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The bunch we ordered are all spoken for. There are a few sellers on eBay. Here’s the one we bought from...
TOYOTA Hilux RN20 25 Pickup Truck Louver Assy Roof Side Vent NEW x 2 Pcs. | eBay

Shipping takes about 45 days to North America. Moulding is good, fine finish is ok. If anyone is building a show truck they’d likely want to sand a couple spots and touch up the paint.

Can I have 2 set too ???
thanks
ghislaing@wharvest.ca

I’m all out, but there are likely more at the link I Quoted above. They take a long time to arrive but are worth waiting for.

None that I know of.

Steve at EBI Cruisers would be my best bet. Heck, Toyota may even still have stock since they never break.

@Diesel Cruiserman suggested There could be mainland interest...

BJ 42 vent covers

Mud shipping to Vancouver is possible.

$25 a pair... less discount for bulk order yet to be determined.

Bump

These came up last night. Shipping is now $25 a pair… :eek:

I’d like to find the source where these sellers are buying them from.

Looked on AliExpress but no luck.

These 40 items looked interesting.
7AF653CE-59BF-465C-957C-315943595178.png

I don’t like that their picture is stolen from the internet and likely isn’t their own product in action. The add states no drilling, but the pop rivets are clearly visible in the pictures.

891E080B-6968-45B5-A00A-AB999CCA71B8.png

Reviews seem to indicate the cap doesn’t fit in a couple cases… but since not all 40s use the same cap it could be a one size fits all… doesn’t. Only one key would be handy.

A search of the P/N came up with [08.1980 - 10.1982] FJ45..PIC W/STEELING & FUEL LOCK

For about $30 bucks it’s tempting to see if I could have the same key for my ignition, gas door, and aux fuel tank… although I’ve only got two keys now, and for a ‘74 the doors use single sided keys with a flap.

Last edited:
Looked on AliExpress but no luck.

These 40 items looked interesting.
View attachment 2937158
I don’t like that their picture is stolen from the internet and likely isn’t their own product in action. The add states no drilling, but the pop rivets are clearly visible in the pictures.

View attachment 2937159
Reviews seem to indicate the cap doesn’t fit in a couple cases… but since not all 40s use the same cap it could be a one size fits all… doesn’t. Only one key would be handy.

A search of the P/N came up with [08.1980 - 10.1982] FJ45..PIC W/STEELING & FUEL LOCK

For about $30 bucks it’s tempting to see if I could have the same key for my ignition, gas door, and aux fuel tank… although I’ve only got two keys now, and for a ‘74 the doors use single sided keys with a flap.

I bought 2 sets of the locks and keys.

Seem ok. Door locks are totally fine.

I modified the ign cylinder so I could have glow function. Minor glitch in the process, but it works.

So I can lock my doors now which is good for the months I actually have doors. :lol:

Gas cap might work with a spacer, but I didn't bother trying too hard. It's a bit hokey.

I checked out "Hilux Louvers" on Google and came up with a number of hits that vary considerably in price and shipping costs. Thgank you Bukersmurf for the heads up !:clap:

I bought 2 sets of the locks and keys.

Seem ok. Door locks are totally fine.

I modified the ign cylinder so I could have glow function. Minor glitch in the process, but it works.

So I can lock my doors now which is good for the months I actually have doors. :lol:

Gas cap might work with a spacer, but I didn't bother trying too hard. It's a bit hokey.
Spacer to push it further away from the door? I can’t see a locking cap fitting under the door without one.

Eventually I’ll graft in a rear fuel door. For now the locking cap sticks out the side of the 1/4 behind the wheel. Both fillers use the same cap… but with fuel at 1.75+/litre I don’t want a 80+ litre tank without some sort of lock to deter ‘honest’ people.

Spacer to push it further away from the door? I can’t see a locking cap fitting under the door without one.

Eventually I’ll graft in a rear fuel door. For now the locking cap sticks out the side of the 1/4 behind the wheel. Both fillers use the same cap… but with fuel at 1.75+/litre I don’t want a 80+ litre tank without some sort of lock to deter ‘honest’ people.
No the little tabs that grab the lip of the filler spout to hold the cap on are too far down. So it doesn't tighten down.

A thicker gasket might do it.

I'll grab a pic later

For the 25 bucks I paid I'm fine with just door locks and ignition tho. :meh:

No the little tabs that grab the lip of the filler spout to hold the cap on are too far down. So it doesn't tighten down.

A thicker gasket might do it.

I'll grab a pic later

For the 25 bucks I paid I'm fine with just door locks and ignition tho. :meh:
I can picture that without a picture. I read the same thing in one of he reviews.

I just bought some of those vent covers from 4wheel auto in Edmonton. They were cheap. less than $20 for a set I think.

I just bought some of those vent covers from 4wheel auto in Edmonton. They were cheap. less than $20 for a set I think.

Excellent. I’m sure we weren’t buying from the manufacturer. We got the price down to about 23-24 each shipped by buying 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom