BJ 42 vent covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at buying some reproduction vent covers for a Hilux that look the same as 40 ones and have the same dimensions. We're going to order at least 5 pairs. Cost is about $25 a pair... but combined shipping will save us some. Anyone else want to commit?

IMG_7018.JPG

NLA Toyota
IMG_7019.JPG
IMG_7020.JPG

Reproduction Toyota Hilux
IMG_7021.JPG

OEM Hilux

@Varty Yo @stevebradford

The seller has good feedback and is willing to discount some for bulk order.

In for two sets...guys in Vancouver would probably be interested..

I could be in for a set. My mom is up in Courtenay if that helps on shipping or delivery for me ,to keep things easy.
We've got at least a couple sets going up that way :D

I'd take a pair, then I'll have to start looking for a hard top :)

Hilux.JPG
IMG_7026.JPG

Found confirmation that the Toyota Hilux and Landcruiser P/Ns are the same. 62960 & 62970 :D

Last edited:
I have/had a couple of the 40 retainers (62941 & 62942) around, and could likely find them if someone needed a template, but they are a rectangle of sheet metal with a rectangular hole in the middle. OEM ones have a 2 mm (ish) lip around the inside edge, but the parts aren't visible once assembled. I'll likely paint my old rusty ones... or make some a couple new ones out of some scraps of aluminum.

Last edited:
Hi
Kim and jvanhove (that’s me)expressed interest in the coastal cruiser sub forum.

Hey sorry I just saw this posted on coastal cruisers I'd be in for 2 sets
First on the Waitlist.

I'll see if we can still add to the order or have a 'second order' shipped in the same box.

Edit: an extra 8 pairs have been added to the shipment. So the countdown begins:
@WrenchMonkey
@kim
@jvanhove
@PG45er x2

Leaving 3 pairs left.

Last edited:
Wow. Thanks for organizing the group buy.

Looking at buying some reproduction vent covers for a Hilux that look the same as 40 ones and have the same dimensions. We're going to order at least 5 pairs. Cost is about $25 a pair... but combined shipping will save us some. Anyone else want to commit?
Maybe I'm too late to get in on this but looks like they are the same for the 45. I'd be in for a set.

I do not need two pairs, if some one wants the second set I would happily pass them on.

The seller is agreeable with adding to the order. I'm planning to add anther 8 pairs to the order which should get cover all who have asked for them and have a couple sets to spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom