Bison Gear tailgate table/shelf (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just finished installing the Bison Gear tailgate table. The quality of this table is great and I'm very happy with it. The only modification I did was substituting nylon lock nuts in place of the provided steel lock nuts.

It costs $272 (that includes shipping) and it took exactly a week to receive the item which is impressive considering it shipped from Poland.
IMG_9998.jpg
IMG_9999.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg

The only issue I have with the MOLLEE on the back door, is when I load, quite often I'm shutting the door right against my gear. With that rear MOLLEE, I'd be afraid that I'd be bending it or maybe damage some of my equipment.
Don't know though... Looks awesome!

The only issue I have with the MOLLEE on the back door, is when I load, quite often I'm shutting the door right against my gear. With that rear MOLLEE, I'd be afraid that I'd be bending it or maybe damage some of my equipment.
Don't know though... Looks awesome!
It's also an issue if you have drawers installed.

Reactions: r2m
Brings up an interesting point… I’ve been eyeing dobinsons drawers but I have the kaon table installed

Brings up an interesting point… I’ve been eyeing dobinsons drawers but I have the kaon table installed
I would think drawers would clear the table if it is folded up and nothing is mounted to the molle, but I am not for sure. Definitely a valid concern. They might go over the top of the table if it is folded down and nothing is ontop of the table?

On the Bison Gear website I see drawers in a few of the vehicles so maybe reach out to them and ask the question?

Can't speak for the dobinson drawers or Bison-gear table, but the Kaon table did not fit with my Ironman4x4 drawers (see my install overview here). I could close the door, but you had to slam it and it placed a lot of stress on the door latch.

Same here on the Molle door. I load stuff then it impacts the bags on the door.
I have a plan for a slim drawer and at that point I'll definitely place bag gear somewhere else. Flat stuff mounted higher may still be good such as my muultitool, knife, flashlight.

Now I draw the line at axe. I always imagine a minor rear end shunt that sends the axe flying towards my head. Can't help it.

But, when I need to load it's trivial to remove bags and relocate them.

Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Another idea would be using rip-away bags like this. That way you can take them off super easy anytime the cargo area is loaded out for a trip, then put them back on later.

Rip-Away Molle Pouch

View attachment 2924773
These are great IFAK's! I have one on my personal militiary body armor.
I have 2 IFAK's in my rig, but they don't Velcro off, they need to have the MOLLE un-threaded. or just pull everything out. Kind of a pain right now.
Just some of the little things that still need to be wrapped up on my rig.

These are great IFAK's! I have one on my personal militiary body armor.
I have 2 IFAK's in my rig, but they don't Velcro off, they need to have the MOLLE un-threaded. or just pull everything out. Kind of a pain right now.
Just some of the little things that still need to be wrapped up on my rig.
Yeah, I have one on my window molle panel for my IFAK and it is perfect for that application. I may get more for other odds and ins in the cargo area.

OP…Is there any rattling from the table while driving?
Of all the things rattling in my truck, this inexpensive dropdown table is not one of them. Bison gear price can't be beat, and so far the gear is pretty great too.

Just finished installing the Bison Gear tailgate table. The quality of this table is great and I'm very happy with it. The only modification I did was substituting nylon lock nuts in place of the provided steel lock nuts.

It costs $272 (that includes shipping) and it took exactly a week to receive the item which is impressive considering it shipped from Poland. View attachment 2890246View attachment 2890247View attachment 2890248
Did you buy directly from Bison Gear? Shipping alone is $79 now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom