Birf Job (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
Threads
My PS knuckle has been weeping grease for awhile now. Friend and I last did both knuckles 6 years ago , but only 22,000 miles. I just don't have the desire to do it myself again. Twice is enough! Have a $900 quote from a very good shop for the one side. Is that reasonable these days?

Seems a little high. Which shop? I had mine done by a local well known shop in OC and I will never go back there again. Found mismatch bearings and grease (one side had red, one side moly), hammered on bearing cage, soupy front diff, amongst other problems (done about a year ago). I just did a front brake job and fluids and found all this.

80 Series? I've heard great thing about RPM Garage in Monrovia and have had success with my LX470 at SD Trux in San Diego.

Honestly i'd just bite the bullet and do the job yourself if you've got the skills/space.

@Brav please share, pm if needed.

Brent I did mine the first two time and the last one I had the mechanic my family has been using for years. I trust them and they’ve done all the work I don’t want to do. That said the 80’s birfs’ started seeping way quicker than I would’ve like and I remember the last time I done them the spindle bushing looked alittle worn. Next time I think the job is going to be a bit more money, sadly.

@Brav please share, pm if needed.

Brent I did mine the first two time and the last one I had the mechanic my family has been using for years. I trust them and they’ve done all the work I don’t want to do. That said the 80’s birfs’ started seeping way quicker than I would’ve like and I remember the last time I done them the spindle bushing looked alittle worn. Next time I think the job is going to be a bit more money, sadly.
Will message you. I hear good things about RPM, wish I had tried them first. Just further away. I am now doing all of my own work in house as I have a hot rod shop.. just a small learning curve.

Shop is Cruisertech in Lake Forest. They installed a reman brake booster and all new suspension bushings and did a nice job. They are cruiser specific.

80 Series? I've heard great thing about RPM Garage in Monrovia and have had success with my LX470 at SD Trux in San Diego.

Honestly i'd just bite the bullet and do the job yourself if you've got the skills/space.
I've used John at SD Trux for years and love them. Just hard to get down and back. 60 miles each way.

Seems a little high. Which shop? I had mine done by a local well known shop in OC and I will never go back there again. Found mismatch bearings and grease (one side had red, one side moly), hammered on bearing cage, soupy front diff, amongst other problems (done about a year ago). I just did a front brake job and fluids and found all this.
Pm me that shop name too please!

You know them, I can text ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom