Bink's Fabrication-Modesto, CA 80 series Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I completely agree with. Jynx........ This is the second time you.... Booger Weldz has gone out of your way to be complete a hole when some one makes a simple statement .....and last time i checked..your not the builder of any of these fine products..... My advise to you to put a cap on your sharp tongue......and the random guy.....your trashing has been a member since 2003 and is well respected on this site and has manufactured some great products for Mudder's ..you've been around since what. July! Take it easy....

Regards

Lou

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Lol! Now ur length of membership has somehow positioned peoplesmopinions legitamicy?

I do apologize if i suck ay wording things though. you have to understand bink has spent years wheeling and countless hours studying ur guys opinions to build something to make even the most hard core guy happy... the outside tubing on these is .250"!! Un heard of in the industry... I again apologize if i sound like an ass, its hard to type politely even if thats what im saying:D

No hard feelings at all if i rubbed anyone wrong, theres a certain amt of sarcasm in my posts some arent grabbin i believe?

Regardless, i work side by side bink and i PROMISE you guys, his abilty to make a profit sits secondary to his passion for making something that gets you guys out on the trail and never fails you...

Fair enough?:bounce: trust me, theres nonway to make everyone happy but 99.9% of u will love his work and it will last you longer than ur vehicle...

Absolutely agree with the above. If you prefer the dynamic of pirate go back, kick rocks. The shop that you represent builds nice stuff and I understand you being proud of that, but your defensive insulting nonsense is already old. Figure out a way to prove people wrong without telling them how stupid you think they are and you might stop being that guy.

I completely agree with. Jynx........ This is the second time you.... Booger Weldz has gone out of your way to be complete a hole when some one makes a simple statement .....and last time i checked..your not the builder of any of these fine products..... My advise to you to put a cap on your sharp tongue......and the random guy.....your trashing has been a member since 2003 and is well respected on this site and has manufactured some great products for Mudder's ..you've been around since what. July! Take it easy....

Regards

Lou

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

I hear you, didnt realize i was acting like a d!ck, my apologies for poor wording, etc

Booger weldz said:
I will gladly drop my truck off the forklift onto a jackstand or something similar placed under the cat protection he has built and post any pics u need. .

Do it.....put up or shut up.

Sent from my EVO using IH8MUD

Absolutely agree with the above. If you prefer the dynamic of pirate go back, kick rocks. The shop that you represent builds nice stuff and I understand you being proud of that, but your defensive insulting nonsense is already old. Figure out a way to prove people wrong without telling them how stupid you think they are and you might stop being that guy.

Agreed, my apologies... New to the mud atmosphere and mentality. Again, my apologies:)

No worries, all good as far as I'm concerned, but still need to see these puppies mounted.:grinpimp:

Heres a mounted pic on another rig. I hope Im not stealing the thunder here!
009.jpg

I sure like the looks of these things so far! Can't wait to see them mounted! I think if I get a set of these I will remount the damn cats anyway, so the whole skid plate thing is a moot point for me. I can't stand the stupid cats hanging down and I don't see why more people dont turn them or something. I'll be researching the best way to go about this...

I think the sliders in general look great. I also would like more information on the cat protection. The pictures show what looks to be cat protection for the 95-97 models with the two inline cats one behind the other. How about the 93-94 models that have side by side cats. The protection would be shorter but wider and the twisting may not be an issue. Has that design been completed or in the works?

If bink wasnt such a professional he would simply post a pic of his sliders next to the big name companies set we just replaced on a customers vehicle we have here in the shop and dispell all this bs...

Would be interested to see whats sliders you replaced.

Obviously we are in the slider game and I see a lot of similarities between those sliders and ours. The foot under the cat is the same shape. The legs are made the same, even down to the little gussets we put inside the U leg channel. Even the feet location are in the same space, judging by the clearance hole on the one foot plate to clear the bolt on the exhaust brackets.

So who's sliders did he replace and how are they different from the others? What is the BS that has to be dispelled?

Only so many ways to skin a cat and bolt a slider to the frame with a U bolt.

I think what rubs people the wrong way is that you guys started posting products and act like you are the only ones that wheel hardcore because you are on pirate4x4. There is a lot of history here, with a lot of people with tons of experience pre-dating any of these forums. We are talking about the days of 80sCool email list in the late nineties. This is an open forum, expect the get comments and take from it what you want, but getting personal on the skills / experience of people posting does not help.

Afterall, it is the internet, everyone is an expert, post count does not matter, but someones experience around these trucks does.

Last edited:
Slee, for the record I make no claim of these sliders being better than any other products out there. I'd prefer you not say you guys start slinging product and words because if you read back I'm pretty sure there was no words that came out of my mouth that are arrogant save for when the guy tried to say the cat skid design is gonna bend and I stated I'd buy an 80 and start thrashing on it hard. Anyways you are right as there are only so many ways to skin a cat and I looked at a bunch of brands and took some mounting ideas from ones I felt were the best.

This isn't a pissing match. I am not here to be in one. I am however here to make products for guys who want our particular style.

Looks pretty good, time should tell better than internet opinions.

Its good to see alternate options to the vendors we have already, but many of the vendors here have helped out the cruiser community for a long time and many have earned alot of respect. Their is alot of vendor loyalty in this forum, due to the workmanship and customer service of vendors on this site.

I look forward to seeing more of your work binks, and Ill tell ya we love to see pictures of one off fab and new parts, Id suggest becoming a sponsoring member and start a thread in the merchandise section to show/advertise more of your work. And if nothing else it gives the backyard scabricators ideas on how to build our own junk if we ever find the time.

I would love to showcase more work here! I pmmed woody about becoming a vendor and am just waiting on a reply with details how to do so.

As soon I have the opportunity to put theses sliders on I will take photos and for everyone to see. I will bring a lousy spotter with me to purposely put weight on my cat protector to determine its strength. I'm confident it'll do its job. To be continued.......

I guess i'll drive your junk and let you spot :flipoff2:

We got to get Hue to get a set, since he likes to hang out on them. He dragged the s*** out of them on up at alpine. Low sliders and low lift with his pintle attached=:doh:

Note, these sliders in the pic are not from any manufacture on this site and were made 10+ years ago
DSC_0362p.jpg

I guess i'll drive your junk and let you spot :flipoff2:

We got to get Hue to get a set, since he likes to hang out on them. He dragged the s*** out of them on up at alpine. Low sliders and low lift with his pintle attached=:doh:

Note, these sliders in the pic are not from any manufacture on this site and were made 10+ years ago

Typical Asian driver:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom