Bilstein Shock Bushing Replacement Recommendations '85 FJ60 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserinsanity

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm trying to determine the correct eyelet bushings for the rear Bilsteins on my 60, top and bottom. The Bilsteins are 5100 (33-185606). My question is does anyone have a recommended eyelet bushing for these shocks? I found an Energy Suspension bushing (9.8107G) that I believe may work, but I wanted to see if anyone has a better bushing that has already been used for this.

What is your pin diameter on the frame and the lower mounts?
There’s two sizes and I believe the change is either mid 87 or when everything went FJ62 (at least for USA market).

Either way I should have part numbers for both versions since I’ve had to play with this before. On mobile now but can post them later when I take a lunch break

Ok,

These are poly ones and I like them more then the regular rubber bushings that come with the shocks

Energy Suspension 9.8107G - is the smaller 5/8" size
Energy Suspension 9.8108G- is the larger/later 3/4" size

Here are the rubber Bilstein ones though just for completeness

Bilstein E4-B46-248B - 5/8"
Bilstein 2202G - 3/4"

Ok,

These are poly ones and I like them more then the regular rubber bushings that come with the shocks

Energy Suspension 9.8107G - is the smaller 5/8" size
Energy Suspension 9.8108G- is the larger/later 3/4" size

Here are the rubber Bilstein ones though just for completeness

Bilstein E4-B46-248B - 5/8"
Bilstein 2202G - 3/4"
I have not measured my mounts, however, I believe the top mounts are 5/8” and my spring plates are from a 62 so they are probably 3/4”. I’ll check them tonight. Thanks Matt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom