Bilstein 6112/5160 Installed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last Thursday, I picked up my LC from Bilstein with the 6112/5160 shocks and springs installed. (While I loaned my LC to Bilstein to test the heavy springs, they are not ready for release yet and I got the normal load springs.) The lift in front is 2.3 inches and 2.0 inches in the rear. The alignment was spot on without aftermarket UCA's. The truck looks great with a discrete but purposeful appearance, matching the overall look of the 200 series. On the road, the ride is controlled but still very comfortable. It does not pogo like Kings and is not as harsh as ICONS that I have had on prior trucks. I took it off road (albeit on an easy trail) and would describe them the same way; very controlled -- much more than the stock set up -- no harshness at all, and on faster sections, there was no hint of the shocks overheating. For my intended use -- exploring the southwest and baja, hunting and camping -- I think the 6112/5160s will deliver all of the performance will need and I am hard pressed to think of a reason why I would need a more expensive set up, like I had with my prior Tacoma with an ICON Stage 5 and Dakar springs and 4Runner with an ICON Stage 6. I am very pleased with this set up.

IMG_2765.JPG

IMG_2766.JPG

IMG_2767.JPG

IMG_2774.JPG

IMG_2778.JPG

truck looks sweet!! good to have another option for the suspension in bilstein for the LC. getting to keep the OEM UCA seems to be an added plus. what size tires are you running if you dont mind me asking??

truck looks sweet!! good to have another option for the suspension in bilstein for the LC. getting to keep the OEM UCA seems to be an added plus. what size tires are you running if you dont mind me asking??
Thank you. They are 275/70r18

I had these 6112/5160 on a GX470 and loved them.

Do the 6112s for the 200 have an adjustable spring perch to change the ride height? (Photo would suggest Yes. Which ring is yours sitting on?)

The 6112's do have the adjustable perch. And, I am embarrassed to say that I do not know which setting they are on. While I normally do my own wrenching, Bilstein delivered it to me all set up and ready to go.

Yes it is.

Awesome. We're going to need TT or BB to design a new rear shock guard, w/ the reservoir of the 5160s it appears the existing guards on the market may not work (I have the Trail-Tailor), unless the reservoirs could be rotated to the rear? I don't love the forward mount, have banged the shock mount bolt on many occasions, a big hit to the resi could spell bad news.

After only 2+ years of promises. I assume Bilstein provided the springs

Nice. Please post some side profile too! Also, please post some measurement of center of wheel to top of fender if possible. Thank you.

Nice. Please post some side profile too! Also, please post some measurement of center of wheel to top of fender if possible. Thank you.
Here you go
IMG_2785.jpeg
IMG_2788.jpeg

Here are the measurements for each corner:
LF 22-1/4
RF 22-1/4
LR 22-1/2
RR 22-3/8

Damn that is dead on all around. I couldn’t tell in the original picture, but what notch is the spring perch sitting on on the front shocks? Also what springs are you running In the rear?

Good to see another option for the 200-series.

I hold Bilstein's in high esteem based on my experiences with their high end coilovers in other cars. Build quality more on the level of an OEM supplier than the aftermarket.

I believe the inverted orientation, per the stock configuration, is the right compromise in design trade. Even if it has the reservoir leading. As most TRD Pro setups are. Non-inverted coilovers risk sandblasting the hardened shaft which is a significant compromise to premature wear, leaks, and eventual failure. Many notable coilovers don't even have a boot to protect the shaft...typical of the aftermarket as they are not expected to last without regular rebuilds.

These would be a strong aftermarket choice IMO for performance and long term durability. Probably closest to a factory TRD Pro option if there were one.

Damn that is dead on all around. I couldn’t tell in the original picture, but what notch is the spring perch sitting on on the front shocks? Also what springs are you running In the rear?
I have to confess that I do not know what notch the spring is sitting on as Bilstein did the installation for me. I am running the Bilstein normal load springs for this combination.

If it is not too much to ask, maybe a close up photo of the front shock? Thanks for all the photo and information you provided so far.

It's crazy that we've been wanting bilstein to make this set for like 5 years and it's finally nearing there. Meanwhile I got tired of waiting and went cellfoam pro. I like it. I do have 6112+5160 on my 11 tundra and I like it!

Sweet looking ride btw.

@Robert B please post a picture of your LCA adjuster cams at the subframe, so we can get an idea of how far they had to adjust things to get the alignment dialed in. Need both the front and rear adjuster on at least one arm to get an idea if they had to crank things to the limit.

Also your first picture seems to show three adjusting rings visible below the spring perch.. not sure how many there are total. This means you should be able to lower it quite a bit if needed.

What is the front spring rate?

Are the fronts remote reservoir?

I'm very interested in this setup. Was starting to lean King 2.5s because I thought these would never come true..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom