Big Bang for the Buck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.shopraddcruisers.ca
The 1HZ is a very capable engine and IMO one of the most strait forward installs into a 60 series and for the matter should fit a 40 easily.

Today we recieved the factory new parts, the rad which Tom purchased fit perfectly short of the mounts. Now you get a factory new rad for the same price as a recore unit and I have heard about quite a few recores failing soon after.

Think about what a rebuilt 2H is going to cost and what the guys at G&S Cruisers sell thier gear for. Damn! we sold the 2H for what Tom purchased the 1HZ, tranny and split case with all accessories.

And the owner of the HJ60 was quoted a couple thousand more than what we rebuilt it for.

After we complete Toms install I hope to have more information on the installation to share.

Rob
Radd Cruisers

IMHO the 1hzzzzzzz is the weakest of the current engine crop in the toyota line up, it doesnt like making artificial grunt [forced induction] the front balancers can be an issue, and the 100 series version redesign made it worse.

Spend the extra and get the 1hdt or 1hdft, mounts belhousing etc are all the same.

Oh yes I agree, but you have to weigh all your options.

2H is lesser than the 1HZ for the same price you are getting a superior engine.

1HZ is a great engine, but compared to the 1HD-T and FT there are some short comings.

Apples and Oranges.

Rob

The 2H is a much stronger engine, and will make more grunt than the 1hz.

the 1hdt and ft arent much more than the 1hzzzz here 2nd hand, and then your getting a much better option again.

And none of them perfome better than the 100 4.5 petrol, but they do get better economy, if thats a concern.

The 100 4.5 makes more torque at 800rpm, than the 1hzzz makes in total and the 4.5 makes only 20nm less than the 1hdfte but makes 20 more kw.

My information from your fellow mates is the 1HD-T with a intercooler and a bit of fuel pump tweaks can really come to life.

Are you sure about the 1HZ and 2H?

There spec sheets show different.

Rob

Sure, pump work, an intercooler, and the 1hdft is nearly as quick as a standard 4.5, but put a turbo and intercooler on a 4.5, and then there is no comparison.... ;)

A 2H will make more grunt than a 1hzzzzz reliably, if done correctly, though standard the 1hzzz is the better performer, have seen quite afew broken aftermarket 1hzzz's here, to much boost and the crank breaks first.

[quote author=the shedguy [Aus/CAC] link=board=19;threadid=9874;start=msg88473#msg88473 date=1073786148]
Sure, pump work, an intercooler, and the 1hdft is nearly as quick as a standard 4.5, but put a turbo and intercooler on a 4.5, and then there is no comparison.... ;)

A 2H will make more grunt than a 1hzzzzz reliably, if done correctly, though standard the 1hzzz is the better performer, have seen quite afew broken aftermarket 1hzzz's here, to much boost and the crank breaks first.
[/quote]

Sounds like the first power smokes that ford put out... broken cranks... :p

[quote author=the shedguy [Aus/CAC] link=board=19;threadid=9874;start=msg88473#msg88473 date=1073786148]
have seen quite afew broken aftermarket 1hzzz's here, to much boost and the crank breaks first.
[/quote]

Darren, doesn't the 1HD-T and the 1HD-FT use the same crank as the 1HZ?

Dave

The bottom ends are similar, but I havent seen people using as much boost on the dt and dft as aftermarket 1hzzzzz's, I think the dt and dft guys arent trying to out perfom 1hzzzzzz ;).

10-12 psi seems to be the upper limit, but some have been trying 15-17psi...BA-BOOM!

Not only are they similar, at 13411-17011 for the crank, and 11705-17011 for the bearings on both engines, they are the same.

You are correct Darren, in that certainly there would be a balance point for both durability and power.

Ya'll got the good stuff to beat on and play with over there for years and years compared to this side...but that's another topic entirely...eh!

:)

gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom