BHCC dates for 2012 ????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any idea of the dates for the event for next year . cheers Robb Rutledge

BHCC 2012 Dates

July 18 - 21, 2012.

Get your cabins reserved early as I heard that some are already spoken for!

Thanks for posting the dates we plan on making the trip again and bringing the kido's. I think they will have a blast.

Thanks for posting the dates we plan on making the trip again and bringing the kido's. I think they will have a blast.

Hopefully we can convince you to come up more than once a year to visit us!!

Was planning on heading down in Oct but work schedule changed. I am probably done for the year but do plan on heading down in early spring sometime.

i cant wait to come back!! we had a good first cruiser classic and look forward to another! i will post the dates on my toyota 4x4 forum (Toontoys) that i belong on and hopefully we can come with more than two trucks from Saskatoon..

Hi guys, it looks a little dead around here so this may fall on deaf ears....

A group of us (Gumby, Joez, Mr.Bryan, Slander, Jeremy9A, myself, etc...) are planning to head to SD for some good scenic wheeling. We have never wheeled the area, and are still looking for places to go. I figured who would know better where to camp/wheel than you guys. That's how I found Wild Bills campground.

The dates we are kicking around are July 13 to July 24th.

However, I noticed that the BHCC occurs in the middle of those dates. I contacted Wild Bills and Keith informed me that he is nice enough to let you all have the entire camp to yourself.

Is this true? I would like to confirm that here with you guys before I try to find another camp.

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, it looks a little dead around here so this may fall on deaf ears....

A group of us (Gumby, Joez, Mr.Bryan, Slander, Jeremy9A, myself, etc...) are planning to head to SD for some good scenic wheeling. We have never wheeled the area, and are still looking for places to go. I figured who would know better where to camp/wheel than you guys. That's how I found Wild Bills campground.

The dates we are kicking around are July 13 to July 24th.

However, I noticed that the BHCC occurs in the middle of those dates. I contacted Wild Bills and Keith informed me that he is nice enough to let you all have the entire camp to yourself.

Is this true? I would like to confirm that here with you guys before I try to find another camp.

Thanks in advance!

Your information is correct! DTC does reserve the entire Wild Bills campground during the classic. There are multiple good campsites in the area. To be honest you should just sign up for the Classic as it's an awesome event! Here is info...
DTC - Black Hills Cruiser Classic

Your information is correct! DTC does reserve the entire Wild Bills campground during the classic. There are multiple good campsites in the area. To be honest you should just sign up for the Classic as it's an awesome event! Here is info...
DTC - Black Hills Cruiser Classic

Thanks for the response.

Out of respect for your event and event traditions, I do not think the group or I will sign up for the BHCC. We are not a family friendly group.

I will look to other camps in the area. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the response.

Out of respect for your event and event traditions, I do not think the group or I will sign up for the BHCC. We are not a family friendly group.

I will look to other camps in the area. Any suggestions?

It's not my event! I'm just a repeat customer! :D Somehow, I doubt you could compete with Cramer and the North MiniDaksotans but it would be fun to try! :lol::p

Well, I'll admit don't know very much about the BHCC beyond the registration page, and the rules. I am simply airing on the side of caution and respect.

Our group is not irresponsible, but we like to have a good time. While we enjoy new company, we are not looking for the "event" atmosphere on this trip. Instead, we are looking to find a nice secluded place to get away from rules and crowds (If you've ever lived in the Chicagoland area, maybe you could understand the need to escape). We also are interested in hitting the trails at our pace and at our convenience. We simply don't have much use for the services and activities provided by "events." Even if we paid into the event to simply keep our camp sites we wouldn't want to be anti-social.....

Hi Guys,

Sorry about the inactivity and missing your questions and thank you Uncle Ben for being our out of state rep!!

The information for the 2012 classic will be updated this weekend (I am behind due to being busy with a new position at work).

4RNR - As Uncle Ben stated, you are more than welcome to sign up for our event. I hear your concerns and just want to mention that if you would sign up for BHCC and camp at Wild Bills that your group would not be able to conduct trail runs on your own during the event dates. This is simply due to us having to meet our requirements for our Event permit issued to us from the Forest Service.

Just some food for thought as we welcome all your groups members to participate in our small event!

Thanks Fletch.

So if we are staying at wild bills, we will not have access to any of the Black Hills trails from 7-18 to 7-21 unless we are guided by.... a DTC?

What if we are staying at Mystic or Fish n Fry?

I will admit, it is proving to be a challenge to organize this trip. So far the best info i have found has been in the Bh4wheelers forum. But even there I am finding that the trails are kept a little bit secret. I understand why and I don't want to anger any of the locals that are simply trying to keep the idiots off the trails.

Ill keep digging and see what I can find...

Last edited:
This is very laid back and there is plenty of:beer: going on in the the evening. They do put on a great event with very few rules but yes it is family friendly.

So if we are staying at wild bills, we will not have access to any of the Black Hills trails from 7-18 to 7-21 unless we are guided by.... a DTC?

What if we are staying at Mystic or Fish n Fry?

QUOTE]

If you would be staying at Wild Bills during the BHCC you would be a registered vehicle with the event and that is why your group would need to do trail runs with the event runs during the dates of 07/18 and 07/21. If you are not registered for the BHCC, and thus would not be staying at Wild Bills CG, then your group would be free to go where ever there is open trails on the trail system map.

We are in no way coveting any specials trails that we deem "secret". We simply have to abide by our FS special use permit during our club event.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you would be staying at Wild Bills during the BHCC you would be a registered vehicle with the event and that is why your group would need to do trail runs with the event runs during the dates of 07/18 and 07/21. If you are not registered for the BHCC, and thus would not be staying at Wild Bills CG, then your group would be free to go where ever there is open trails on the trail system map.

We are in no way coveting any specials trails that we deem "secret". We simply have to abide by our FS special use permit during our club event.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

I know its an obvious question. I just wanted to be 100% on the rules, I understand the difference between wheeling public land and private land.

I'm sure I will have more questions.

Thinking about making it to the event this year. It'll be my first time.

Georg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom