BFGoodrich vs. Falken vs. Cooper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i'm looking at 3 options for tires, i have a stock 2006 LX470, stock wheels

size - 275/65/18

BFGoodrich KO2s
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W
Cooper Discoverer S/T MAXX all season

Any opinions on the size choice or tire brands/models?

Thanks for any input!

If your asking me which of the three I sell more of

Falkens.

which do I push more

Falkens

why? Customer service. They treat their people right. Means more to me than most anything else. Treat me right it goes around it comes around.

so which am I going to tell you to get

Falkens

Plus those At3’s are just nasty tires that do what you want them to do

I really like my Falkens.

Falkens are the :poop:... I wrapped them around some 17" RWs...

E78D9126-2706-46FB-A1A0-014DE7366AA6.jpeg

They really kicked ass on the trails too...

4BAB544A-8066-41B8-9145-7FE82A1F5C4E.jpeg

Absolutely love these tires...

If your asking me which of the three I sell more of

Falkens.

which do I push more

Falkens

why? Customer service. They treat their people right. Means more to me than most anything else. Treat me right it goes around it comes around.

so which am I going to tell you to get

Falkens

Plus those At3’s are just nasty tires that do what you want them to do
Does Falken run sales or promos? Not sure what kind of reseller you are but figure you'd have a good clue.

My STmaxx rumble and vibrate the truck at low speeds , less that 5mph and thats kind of annoying but might have to do with other worn parts of my vehicle.

They are all good tires, does the Falken have the thicker sidewall like the BFG and Cooper has?

🍿:beer:

At 45k miles on my STMaxx, they sound like super swampers driving through town at 25mph. I probably won't buy them again, especially since Goodyear now owns Cooper.

Its between Falken and Toyo for my next set.

I did put some Pirelli All Terrain Plus in 275/65R18 on my wife's 200 a few weeks ago. It will be interesting to see how they wear. They are pretty much silent.
1621003666749.png

Last edited:
Does Falken run sales or promos? Not sure what kind of reseller you are but figure you'd have a good clue.
I’m sure they do offer them but I care about the best tire for the customer, margins are the same either way so why force them into not the best tire

I sell any and all major brands, every car and driver are different got to find the right one for them.

Falkens and gravel go well, and their customer service is great (which is who I deal with a lot on all brands)

The falkens are good offroad and they ride smooth/quiet on pavement as well. Discount tire price matches so if you find a better deal even online they will price match.

i just recently switched from 33 KO2s to 35 Falken AT3W. Both E-rated.

KO2s were great for me. It wore great as E-rated. I have C KO2s on my other rig and that wore fast. Both had several trips to balance properly. Tires performed great in all conditions from weekly ski trips, touring mountain roads out west, and the occasional offroad park.

The Falkens so far had been good. Went with it after reading positive reviews. Love the tall thread blocks (20/32). Went snow wheeling with it and t performed great, about as good as when my KO2s were new. I'm hoping better based on the reviews.

The overall ride however, i have to give it to the KO2s. It's certainly not apples-to-apples given the size difference but the KO2s are whisper quiet and much softer riding.

I have the Falkens on my wife's 5th Gen 4 Runner. That thing is a billy goat. I prefer the BFG's on my 3/4 ton diesel truck because they seem to last longer. I've honestly never had problems out of either tire. I can tell you that Cooper STT Pro is awesome tire offroad but is stupid loud on the road after just a few thousand miles.

At 45k miles on my STMaxx, they sound like super swampers driving through town at 25mph. I probably won't buy them again, especially since Goodyear now owns Cooper.

Coopers are absolute rubbish. I had a similar experience, mine still had 9mm tread, but would cut/chip/tear lugs off each recent trip. At Christmas last year on a road trip I had them re-balanced and found them out of round and a wobble. One of my tyres also had the common Cooper problem of cracking around the bead.

Replaced with Yokohama X-AT, so much better, quite, smoother like you wouldnt believe.

size - 275/65/18

BFGoodrich KO2s
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

Thanks for any input!
I just got the new Falken Wildpeak AT/3W tires for my 2015 LC200. Size 285/65/R18 in the non-LT, non-E rated version. This is a 32.6” tire and so far no rubbing. They are silent on the highway. Looking forward to taking them to the beach in a few weeks for some fun in the sand. Got them through Discount Tire, with a 15% discount. Still not cheap, but they have a 55,000 mile warranty down to 3/32. Should last at least 4’years…. I will add them to the spreadsheet once I have more experience driving on them. Very happy so far!

39285FB0-0450-46FE-8E77-D7D5EA8473DC.jpeg

size - 275/65/18

BFGoodrich KO2s
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

Thanks for any input!
Falkens…. Made in Buffalo, NY
Getting ready to put them on my fourth family vehicle.

Falkens…. Made in Buffalo, NY
Getting ready to put them on my fourth family vehicle.
Sure about this? In my research they’re made in thailand or china these days. If they’re made in buffalo ny I will add them to my wish list.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom