BFG size recommendation for 08 LX? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In terms of wear / tread life, that's a secondary consideration for me. I don't consider that part of 'function' although I do have minimal expectations (ie - I don't want to replace tires every couple of years, especially at this price).

In trying to decide between the K02 and the WP AT3W, I'm still figuring out what I'm getting for the additional $100 per tire with the K02, especially since I'm not rock crawling.

I'm watching tens of YT videos on both K02 and WP trying to figure out if there is a practical difference for me: soft sand, muddy river/lake side, rocky/bumpy terrain (just not rock climbing but driving over large rocks/granite/ruts), snow (on/off pavement), etc.

WP seem very capable. But I'm hesitant as the WP don't seem to be carried as broadly as the K02. If I do get a flat, seems harder to get. That being said, I can get 5 WP's for the price of 4 K02s (and have change leftover to get a compressor).....

I'd like to get the WP if they are just as capable as the K02.

I Already ordered my BFG to
285 5520s being installed this Friday when I get back to Jacksonville with my beast. Like you I researched this tire decision to death and have to thank the members that put up with all my questions

Sounds good. Let me know if there is anything that gives you pause after having them installed. I'm leaning toward K02 as well - just easier to find. Even Costco carries/installs them (don't save much over other local shops; I'm guessing about $100-150 over 4). But good service if there are any issues.

Sounds good. Let me know if there is anything that gives you pause after having them installed. I'm leaning toward K02 as well - just easier to find. Even Costco carries/installs them (don't save much over other local shops; I'm guessing about $100-150 over 4). But good service if there are any issues.
One thing I like about discount tires lifetime rotate and balance which is worth a lot of money

One thing I like about discount tires lifetime rotate and balance which is worth a lot of money

I just did mine yesterday. I am not sure why but after 40k miles/1 year. My KO2s feel like they had bald spots and were not gripping rain really well. Discount tire said my tires are still brand new and haven't lost 1/16 of thread yet. I do drive hard in the corners. Once I rotated the wheels the problem has gone away but I am worried about next year having to replace my tires. It was making me lose confidence driving in the rain.

Discount Tire had a big sale last year around thanksgiving, I think I got the set for $550 installed if I remember correctly (much cheaper than my z rated tires).

I just did mine yesterday. I am not sure why but after 40k miles/1 year. My KO2s feel like they had bald spots and were not gripping rain really well. Discount tire said my tires are still brand new and haven't lost 1/16 of thread yet. I do drive hard in the corners. Once I rotated the wheels the problem has gone away but I am worried about next year having to replace my tires. It was making me lose confidence driving in the rain.

Discount Tire had a big sale last year around thanksgiving, I think I got the set for $550 installed if I remember correctly (much cheaper than my z rated tires).

It will take me 4+years to drive 40k miles. If BFG AT/KO2's 285/55/20 with 10+" wide tread (which is over 1" wider then the 275/55/20 BFG's) and (over one inch wider then OEM Dunflops) with 15/32nd of thread depth on the BFG's I should be as safe as I can get as long as I still drive within a safe speed.

KO2's are snowflake rated and also great in rain and slush. Love them up in the Pacific NW.

Assume these are based on stock rims? Would going +25mm or +35mm offset make much difference to the tire sizes fitting? I'm hoping to also fit 285/55R20 if possible.

Yep. Stock wheels. Paging @TeCKis300 for offset question :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom