BFG AT vs Bridgestone 604v (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a tyre question for you all.
I've currently got 31x10.5r15 BFG AT's on my cruiser. They've been great but are getting more like racing slicks than off road tyres after 6 years and going round Australia twice.
Been looking at 2 options
replace the BFG ATs 2 at a time (the damn things cost so much!)
or
getting 5 new bridgestone 604V's (heaps cheaper)
any thoughts or experiences comparing these 2 would be appreciated.

And before anyone says "get 37' muddies!!!" or similar bear in mind that its an old diesel that barely gets up highway hills as it is!
Also I need to get a tyre size thats going to be replaceable in some pretty remote places. The 31x10.5r15 is available everywhere here.
cheers

604v? If it is over here I guess it is called something else. Or at least I'm not familiar with the 604V.

The BFG is a good tire, I'd buy what I could afford though, particuarly if your going for function on a budget, if the 604V has a good tread pattern for less $ go for it.

I have run the bridgestone "Duelers" on several rigs, good tire wear wise, not as aggressive as the BFG and holds gravel in the tread which I don't like but a good tire.
half of why I want BFG is cause it looks so good, I'm looking at the Pro-comp AT that is "traction" rated cause it is less expensive and has a better warrenty, tread all most the same. Probably don't sell Pro-Comp down there so that's a MOOT point.

If $ for the BFG is a problem, screw em, get a good tire for less and start with 4 so you get even wear for the life. Sounds like you got your $$ worth out of the BFGs, 6 years is pretty good, they'll rot off at about 7 years anyway..

JON

PS my wife is still in love with Patrick Rafter!

The BFG's without a doubt! I have them on my Pathfinder and my FJ60 they are IMHO the best tire out there!

Zack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom