Builds Beto Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unrelated to the paint job, I installed some LED low beams the other day. Got tired of the poor light from normal bulbs and a headache from all the HID how-tos. Just went on amazon and ordered some LEDs and they work great. No need to overthink this.

Need dust covers, too. They are not the best but they do the job.

And no, they do not blind other drivers any more than other low beams do. I did many tests...
And yes, they work great. Sure, may not have as wide a pattern as HID, but for a cheap mod, they do an excellent job.
Tip: amazon has an option to buy "used", but also prime. Basically just returned merchandise. Got my LEDs and covers half off. Wasn't even used. Just open box.

Unrelated to the paint job, I installed some LED low beams the other day. Got tired of the poor light from normal bulbs and a headache from all the HID how-tos. Just went on amazon and ordered some LEDs and they work great. No need to overthink this.

Need dust covers, too. They are not the best but they do the job.

And no, they do not blind other drivers any more than other low beams do. I did many tests...
And yes, they work great. Sure, may not have as wide a pattern as HID, but for a cheap mod, they do an excellent job.
Tip: amazon has an option to buy "used", but also prime. Basically just returned merchandise. Got my LEDs and covers half off. Wasn't even used. Just open box.

Could you post up some pics when you get a chance? Like you, I'd love to coax some more light out of my factory lights without doing a full HID upgrade.

Mostly done with the paint job. Still need to wetsand/buff some orange peel but not too much left to do.
Also going to repaint the side mirrors. I think they would look better in white. I will paint the rear trim around the license plate white as well I think.
And of course that rear bumper needs to be gloss black. I used matt trim and bumper paint and I hate it.

IMG-4872.jpg
IMG-4874.jpg
IMG-4876.jpg

I wanted to just remove the plastic trim around the license plate but for LXs there are huge holes that would look horrible. Oh well. I'll paint it white and it should be fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom