best year sequoia to buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alberta mac

addicted but not cured
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I have a lexus rx300 1999, started giving me electrical issues and now thinking the sequoia 2001 to 2008. The sequoia would suit our life much better for packing gear , 4x4 and towing the travel trailer.
Any comments and suggestions appreciated !

05-07 has more power and a 5 speed transmission. Makes a big difference. The only years I’d steer clear of is 01-02 as they had transmission issues.

Had a 2003. Toyota replaced frame under recall. Had a BUNCH of issues with VSC TRAC control. ECU replaced once while under warranty. Sensor would go on and off intermittently ... local toyota dealer was NO help ( take to a place thay has experience with this well documented issue). Liked the removable 3rd row seat options. Traded it in on a 2011 with TOO MANY electronics. Sold it and settled on a 1997 80 series

05-07 has more power and a 5 speed transmission. Makes a big difference. The only years I’d steer clear of is 01-02 as they had transmission issues.

02 here with around 320k on the clock. To all of my knowledge, it is the original transmission.

Reactions: 4WD
02 here with around 320k on the clock. To all of my knowledge, it is the original transmission.

Yeah and I have a 248k ‘00 Tundra with the original trans but that doesn’t mean they don’t have a higher failure rate than the later gearboxes.

I've owned a 2004 SR5 and a 2007 Limited. Both trucks are/were warhorses. Very reliable. I sold the 04 with 250,000 hard miles and it was running strong. We towed a heavy boat, it was the first truck for both teenage boys who drove it like teenage boys. When we sold it, everything worked.

The 07 is also very nice and surprisingly capable offroad with the A-trac system. Its very neat to be outside the truck and watch it work the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom