Best way and products to paint door moldings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bear Lake Cruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello everyone. I have all moldings removed from the vehicle. 2005 100. What is the best way to prep and paint them. I want to go black to match the powder coated black that is common on all aftermarket bumpers such as ARB, etc. So best prep, paint procedures and products to use. Body shop is quoting me a grand. Maybe that is worth it as I do have limited spare time. I do have lots of 3M double side tape and adhesion promoter wipes and new clips for the install. Or is that best left to a shop as well?

Hello everyone. I have all moldings removed from the vehicle. 2005 100. What is the best way to prep and paint them. I want to go black to match the powder coated black that is common on all aftermarket bumpers such as ARB, etc. So best prep, paint procedures and products to use. Body shop is quoting me a grand. Maybe that is worth it as I do have limited spare time. I do have lots of 3M double side tape and adhesion promoter wipes and new clips for the install. Or is that best left to a shop as well?
I did mine with an adhesion promoter and and a rattle can. I didn’t remove from the vehicle, however. Sand them with 600 grit, then use a toothbrush to clean out the small groove around the “center” portion. I did 6 light coats until I got the finish I wanted. I didn’t clear coat mine. A buddy of mine used rustoleum satin wheel paint for his molding to match his bumpers, and it turned out great. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom