Best tool for taking off birfield clip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
hotmilkforbreakfast.wordpress.com
I'm looking for a tool to take off and replace the clip that holds on the birfield under the selector hub.

I see people have something like a reverse direction duckbill pliers, but it's not available everywhere I've looked so far. Everyone is selling those flimsy wire jobs.

Anyone know where to find one, I'd appreciate it.

Wilde is the best, this is the one we use and were we get it: HJE Wilde 9" Right Angle Tip Lock Ring Pliers American Made Hand Tools

I just received my pliers, and it seems I mistakenly ordered the "right angle tip" one. Which is a good thing.

The right angle tip allows full engagement of the lock ring, where as the square tip one only grips the top bit that is showing.

BTW, I'm glad this got moved to "Tools and Fabrication" forum AFTER a couple people responded. The worst part about IH8Mud, is that the forums are over-specialized. I doubt anyone would've seen this here. I put it in the 40/55 Tech section FOR A REASON.

So whats next, start complaining about the text between the ads? :flipoff2:

recent posts is a good way to see other postings, Recent Posts | IH8MUD Forum

but it is on the right side when you log in, called new post Recent Posts | IH8MUD Forum

But do you also have the brass drift and big hammer to pop the cones loose, and a nut to keep the thread alive and the cones behind it (prevent them pop away)

But do you also have the brass drift and big hammer to pop the cones loose, and a nut to keep the thread alive and the cones behind it (prevent them pop away)

I do have a brass drift and big hammer, but I plan on using the air hammer against the birfield body first. @inkpot and @Tools R Us
taught me that trick with my 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom