Best roof rack...and I made it CUSTOM! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got kicked out of the house..and am currently having to live out of the FJ...after TrAiLbUsty threw all my junk out the front door and changed the locks I had no choice but to go to homedepot and get some PVC...its freaking tough, 80 mph on the freeway and its holding up...(dont mind the jerry rig of duct tape on the front)

myroofrack.jpg

roofrack.jpg

ANyone have a storage shed I could live out of?

Its all good its been 10 years of greatness and I really flocked up this time:( side note...my music studio is now on wheels WOOT. Looking to hit up some clubs to do performances on my way to Canada from AZ. So keep your eye out for JEEBUS on wheels :steer:

SO I'm thinking about the ARB RTT what do you guys think?

Presentation1.jpg

I also adapted it to hold my pit bulls dog house...so now Josie is on the roof too. She seems to really like the view but the bugs in her hair is a bitch at night:(

Last edited:
Glad to see you've finally got your rig mod'ed out to your liking. I always saw you as a vagabond, traveling the roads with Trailbusty. Too bad she kicked you to the curb. I'm sure you'll bounce back.

Too bad you had to sell all the mods you already had on your rig to get that new roof rack. But, I've heard you can get more for a stock FJC than a mod'ed one, so at least your going in the right direction. Be sure to post up once you get settled into that new U-Store-it, you can get into one, first month free and they have powered and heated units so it would be much warmer than staying in the RTT.

At least, every time you cut into the plastic to get something out, using the duct tape to seal it will eventually make a stronger bag with all the duct tape. You could also get some yellow duct tape to match the Sun Fusion.

Enjoy your trip, can't wait to see you in Moab in the new configuration...:cheers:

Looks like "Alice's Restaurant" all over again with an FJC instead of a VW Microbus. :lol: For those of us of a certain age anyway.

She was too good for you, and I'm surprised that she put up with you as long as she did. :mad:

Cant imagine how badly you must of f'd up to have her finally kick you out, but at least she finally came to her senses. :mad:

It's a good look for you. You 'carry' it well :doh:

How will you carry the extension ladder to access the tent?
Thanks
John

I have a little giant ladder left over from my old handyman business that fits inside the fj, I had to use it to get undies off the roof the other night up in northern AZ it was 30 degrees out:( this is really sucking

Glad to see you've finally got your rig mod'ed out to your liking. I always saw you as a vagabond, traveling the roads with Trailbusty. Too bad she kicked you to the curb. I'm sure you'll bounce back.

Too bad you had to sell all the mods you already had on your rig to get that new roof rack. But, I've heard you can get more for a stock FJC than a mod'ed one, so at least your going in the right direction. Be sure to post up once you get settled into that new U-Store-it, you can get into one, first month free and they have powered and heated units so it would be much warmer than staying in the RTT.

At least, every time you cut into the plastic to get something out, using the duct tape to seal it will eventually make a stronger bag with all the duct tape. You could also get some yellow duct tape to match the Sun Fusion.

Enjoy your trip, can't wait to see you in Moab in the new configuration...:cheers:

I'm taking you up on the U store it thing..great idea. I read your post and did some research looks like many starving artists are doing this now a days.

Curbed NY: Bushwick Warehouse Turning Into Artists-Only Trailer Park

It was a sad day having to sell all my mods off arggg, but I'm getting better mileage now than I was before with all the armor gone...even with this monstrosity on top I was at 12 mpg before now I'm at 14 in the city, so things WERE looking up a bit.

THen last night while getting the pit bull off the roof rack she bit me on the way down the little giant.

177648048_ecd3b7b01a.jpg

It hit my bone and now my hand is all swollen:censor: this is all so flocked up....its my fault for doing what I did to BUsty though. I WANT YOU BACK SWEETIE!

She was too good for you, and I'm surprised that she put up with you as long as she did. :mad:

Cant imagine how badly you must of f'd up to have her finally kick you out, but at least she finally came to her senses. :mad:

It's a good look for you. You 'carry' it well :doh:

I'm sorry that all the girls on the forum are pissed after hearing what happened...its understandable..I'm a dumbass!

The only thing that gets me through the day is knowing I built this awesome roof rack with my bare hands while thinking on my feet.

Last edited:
she even stole your decals..wtf.. i used to think she was cool, now i just think...shes SINGLE..

bwahahahahahaqh...

If I were closer I'd do it. I've got her for a friend on facebook now. I think we are really hitting it off.

Now that's funny Trailbus1 !!!

from the comments section of the source site:

Fuel storage is just one of drawbacks of converting your car to a coal-burner

Day 147: I’ve managed to capture several of the zombies in a tarp, and I’m now driving them to the Science center for examination. I hope there we will be able to find a viable way to counteract the bioagent that infected more than half of the population.

Obviously, Trailbusty didn’t appreciate your humor, talent, and your skills to adapt and overcome. Have you ever written a country western song? :hillbilly:

Would you be interested in making me one of your stellar roof racks? Also, I am interested in your roof rack contained storage packs I see in the picture.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom