Best price on E-lockers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm going to be installing toyota 3rd members,e-locker, and 4.88 gears in my discovery.

Who's got the best price on 3rds with the e-locker? I've already checked inchworm.

Thanks,

James

With the Toyota factory E-locker?

I don't think there is an aftermarket electronic locker available, and I believe you have to source a used third member w/ e lockers, or just retrofit used e lockers to a standard 3rd.

in a disco???

Factory price with discount is probably your best bet. Did you try Marlin?

Check out Marin Crawler (supportiing vendor). They sell the the V6 third (rear) and the High Pinion Front set up by Toyota with 4.88s and e-lockers. Or the guys at Marlin can set them up for you with 5.29s.
Another Option would be to call C-Dan at American Toyota. He can probably order them for you cheaper and the shipping would be free.
It's about time you re gear that beast.
:beer:

IN A DISCOVERY?

:eek:

Well, on second thought, I suppose it would be a good idea to have something that works on such a vehicle. No? :D

The main issue as I see it is that they are, well, electric. Doesn't that pose a fundamental problem for a British vehicle?............ :beer:

Is it even possible to instal toyota parts on a Disco? Just wondering, sounds like a good idea.

cruiserdan said:
The main issue as I see it is that they are, well, electric. Doesn't that pose a fundamental problem for a British vehicle?............ :beer:

It will be the only electrical componant that isn't made by Lucus... That's going to piss off the rest of the electronics... do you know what you are getting yourself into?!? :flipoff2: ;)

The British drink warm :beer: because they own Lucas refrigerators....:D

It won't leak like the rest of the truck...but don't worry...it isn't empty...it will hold the fluid! ;)

can a disco become reliable with only one Toyota part? :D

Hey now, give rtiqulatendisco a break. His superfine GF drives a sweet LX 450 (ARB, OME , ect) :grinpimp:
:beer:

Yes it will work. You just redrill for the toyota 3rd, high pinion front 3rd and v6 rear, bore out some spindles and cv housing, longfields, custom 30spline axles, and you are done.

It's a cheaper and stronger route than going with all HD Landrover parts that could still fail easily.

Here is a pic of the truck with 35's. 37's next.

Thanks
DSC00452.jpg

Looks very nice. Seems like it would be easier to swap in complete 80 front and rear ends.

I have thought about that many times. Looks like a little too much work but I have not ruled that out yet.

wow! this be a Rover that is actually used offroad, eh?
looks good

(eh, this ain't some of this Brit mud-in-a-can, is it?)

Now this is in good fun, when I went to sell one of my cruisers two different guys in discos showed up at different times.

Both wanted a cruiser, in the end they were unable to sell thier discos, nobody would buy them.

I think they are kinda cool looking, but thier is some stigma that hinders thier resale???

rtiqulatendisco said:
Yes it will work. You just redrill for the toyota 3rd, high pinion front 3rd and v6 rear, bore out some spindles and cv housing, longfields, custom 30spline axles, and you are done.

It's a cheaper and stronger route than going with all HD Landrover parts that could still fail easily.

Here is a pic of the truck with 35's. 37's next.

Thanks

Wow, you seem like a pretty smart feller. So the question everybodies just dieing to know, why not just get a cruiser?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom