Best place to get 2ga. wire for winch? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im mounting the solenoid box inside the engine bay and was wondering if theres a place in town that you guys recommend to buy the wire? I have a punch set at my dads house to crimp the wire eyes on the end, so I dont need them pre made.

Also, has anyone come across a thread about installing a dash mounted winch switch?

Thanks!

Bought mine at Sierra Welding on Glendale; usually I get a little discount if I ask ;). West Marine has it too but better take an extra thick wad of greenbacks ;)

I installed an in-dash winch rocker switch using Christo's circuit board; one of my favorite mods! I used a 100-Series rear wing window switch for more of an OEM look. But any momentary on-off-on rocker will do. The circuit board is made by and available from Slee. http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/products_switches.htm

Last edited:
Go into the 80 section and search for antenna switch to control the winch. If all else fails, PM Ali and he will give you the low down.

Jack

Cool, thanks guys!

Sounds like the wire is going to be pretty expensive, ill have to give them a call and see this morning.

I saw a few threads about the antenna switch last night. I'd like to keep that the way it is cause I do use it sometimes. Im not in a hurry to add the switch...

Cool, thanks guys!

Sounds like the wire is going to be pretty expensive, ill have to give them a call and see this morning.

I saw a few threads about the antenna switch last night. I'd like to keep that the way it is cause I do use it sometimes. Im not in a hurry to add the switch...

You need to source another switch and put it in one of the blanks.

Jack

Depending on how soon you need the wire Matt I can give you what I have the next time I am home. I probably have six feet of 2 gauge from when I put the solenoid box under the hood of my pickup. I can give it to you next weekend if you can wait.

Depending on how soon you need the wire Matt I can give you what I have the next time I am home. I probably have six feet of 2 gauge from when I put the solenoid box under the hood of my pickup. I can give it to you next weekend if you can wait.

Thanks Harry!

I went down to Airgas in sparks last week and picked up some wire from them. I mounted the solenoid in front of the battery and hopefully Ill have the bumper back in the morning to wire it all up.

I thought that I might be too late. You don't waste any time when you start on a project Matt.

haha, I know... I've been wanting to take the cruiser out in the desert for some get away time, but havent due to the lack of a front bumper. Hopefully after tomorrow I'll be able to go out and finally have some fun!