Best phone mount and location GX 460 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed the Ram ball on my driver's side defrost vent cover. Great idea @JCliftonB. I used a different mount because it's the only one Amazon could get here before my trip to CO on Sunday. I really like that it mounts the phone completely out of the way and keeps the center console clean. The vent cover itself is a little flimsy, so I'm not sure how it would hold up to bumps off road with the weight of the phone attached. Perfect for road trips though.

full

full

Looks great! Glad it worked well for you. I went with a really short arm to help mitigate some of the leverage that the bumps cause, but it hasn't let me down yet on some fairly technical trails! Happy trails in CO! Traversed all of the CO's Rocky Mountains last summer from Pagosa Springs to Wyoming!

Looks great! Glad it worked well for you. I went with a really short arm to help mitigate some of the leverage that the bumps cause, but it hasn't let me down yet on some fairly technical trails! Happy trails in CO! Traversed all of the CO's Rocky Mountains last summer from Pagosa Springs to Wyoming!
Oh nice. That's good to know. Yeah, it looks like my arm is an inch or two longer. I didn't notice that before.

Awesome! We're headed to Pagosa Springs for some skiing while the kids are on spring break.

Last edited:
Just got back from Pagosa Springs. We did over 50 miles off road while we were there. Lots of washboards, mud, and snow. Phone mount handled it all no problem, even with the longer arm. 👍

Been looking for a setup like this. I used the “taco rail” setup on my Tacoma and this looks similar. Mine will be here tomorrow and I’ll post an update.
Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about it!

Got the OffRoam mount today. Shipping took a few days to arrive, pretty quick. The packaging is very nice. Everything has its own box and a little kit with a wedge tool and Allen key are included.

All components are aluminum and the fit/finish is quite impressive for the price point. I paid more for my Tacoma setup and the arm components were all plastic.

Took 2 minutes to install. Solid and easy setup. This is exactly what I’ve been looking for.

Got the OffRoam mount today. Shipping took a few days to arrive, pretty quick. The packaging is very nice. Everything has its own box and a little kit with a wedge tool and Allen key are included.

All components are aluminum and the fit/finish is quite impressive for the price point. I paid more for my Tacoma setup and the arm components were all plastic.

Took 2 minutes to install. Solid and easy setup. This is exactly what I’ve been looking for.
Add some images if you're able to! Would love to see.

Reactions: r2m
I recently swapped out my Ram X-Grip, which I have never been a huge fan of, for a simple, all-metal phone mount for photography. It is similar in design to my Hondo Garage mount mentioned earlier in this thread, but not nearly as robust. The Hondo Garage mount is intended for expedition-type motorcycles. This new mount is much easier to use one-handed than the Ram X-Grip and holds the phone well with as much pressure as I want. It's just a cheap solution from Amazon (~$15), but the all-metal construction is nice.

IMG_2152.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom