Best fitment!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! I'm trying to get the best fitment for my fj60. I will attach a picture of a 4runner that has the fitment im looking for. Does anyone have something similar, or can offer some advice on the best wheels to get?

20230425_164108.jpg

Are you talking roof rack in your post? If so, Bowfin Cruisers:

Are you talking roof rack in your post? If so, Bowfin Cruisers:

Sorry I should have clarified. I mean wheels

They mention wheels....I assume to get that 'poke'

@Dakota FJ62 What size tires do you currently have? Will you be changing the tire or wheel size to achieve this look? Is your 60 Series lifted? That’s not even that aggressive of fitment on that 4Runner. I’ve seen more poke!

@Dakota FJ62 What size tires do you currently have? Will you be changing the tire or wheel size to achieve this look? Is your 60 Series lifted? That’s not even that aggressive of fitment on that 4Runner. I’ve seen more poke!
Hey! Sorry about lack of info. I want the wheels on my LC to stick out as much as the ones on that 4runner. Or at least somewhere close. I'd like 15-16 inch wheels, and am not sure on tires. I have basic stock toyota steelies on rn. And they are super skinny, im not a fan. I plant to do a 2.5 inch lift and am looking for the fitment I want as far as wheels go.

I have before and after pics of my truck with 70 series wheels, with and without 1.5” spacers somewhere.

Hey! Sorry about lack of info. I want the wheels on my LC to stick out as much as the ones on that 4runner. Or at least somewhere close. I'd like 15-16 inch wheels, and am not sure on tires. I have basic stock toyota steelies on rn. And they are super skinny, im not a fan. I plant to do a 2.5 inch lift and am looking for the fitment I want as far as wheels go.
Perhaps you could put some LC 80 series wheels on it. They look great, 16 inches and wider than your stock 60 wheels. I'm not a fan of most aftermarket wheels on LC. Other Toyota wheels can be OK.

Where in AK are you?

What you want is something with 3.5 inch backspacing.

You can acheive that with:

-8 inch wide wheels that have -25 offset
-8.5 inch wide wheels that have -32 offset
-9 inch wide wheels that have -38 offset

All of these will clear your brake calipers, the more stick out you want, the more offset you would run. For example, a 8 inch wide wheel with -40 will stick out 15mm fruther than -30

The thing is you dont know if whatever you are going to run is going to hit your leaf springs in the front. The 3.5 backspace will clear the calipers no problem.

You can also use Wheel spacers. Wheel Spacers will remove offset so if you were running a wheel with a 0 offset, a 1 inch wheel spacer will make that wheel -25.4mm Offset.

Popular wheel spacer sizes are here, and their metric conversion.

.25 inch spacer = -6.3mm offset
.5 inch spacer = -12mm offset
1 inch spacer = -25.4mm offset
1.25 inch spacer = -31.75 offset
1.5 inch spacer = -38.1mm offset

I wouldnt run anything past 1.5 inch spacers on a street driven vehicle.

So in theory a 8 inch wide wheel with -25mm offset like a SCS F5 (this wheel will fit and work on your fj60 very well btw) will be the same thing as running a 0 offset wheel with a 1 inch spacer.

given that... you could put a 1 inch spacer on that same 8 inch wide -25 offset wheel and end up with -50mm offset.

Im currently running a 8.5 inch wide wheel with -10mm offset and using 1.25 inch spacers temporarily. This gives my wheels actual specs of 8.5 inches wide with -41.75 offset..... giving me 3.11 inches of backspacing. The wheels work but without the spacers hit my leaf springs. Im swapping in 80 series axles and the -10 wheels are for those axles but in the short term these work great.

Put your current specs into this site and use the calculator to see what the changes will do when you change the sizes.

This is an offset/backspace calculator

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom