Best area to run wires for roof rack lights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for some pictures of those who wired up any lights on their roof rack, and where they ran the wires.

I have no desire to drill the roof, so I’m looking for a clean place to run the wiring loom to the battery, and on a 60 it looks like the options are slim

Let’s see some of your rigs, and where you ran the wires!

Thanks,

~ J

Down the backside of the closest gutter mount to the windshield on the drivers side, tuck under the windshield weather stripping down the A pillar into the engine bay.

I ran mine in the hatch area. Drilled a hole In the corner near the factory wiring hole for the upper hatch. The plug on the right is the factory plug into the upper hatch. I have it disconnected to pull the hatch off. Down the inside of the pillar, and up to the front. You are outside of the weatherstripping, so no leaks or air noise. As long as you seal the hole well with a grommet and sealer, you should get nothing inside the body. The wiring tucks nicely beside the weatherstripping when not in use.

52D9FF1D-7F78-4B11-9504-3128FE1D8300.jpeg

Is that the way yours is setup? Does any moisture get inside ?

That’s the way I plan to do it once I get my Gamiviti rack. I’ve always ran my wiring there on past builds. No leaks or noise because I run like 14-16 guage wire. Narrow enough to fit under the rubber without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom