Before You TURBO Your 1HZ Technical Video and Discussion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
Before You TURBO Your 1HZ Technical Video and Discussion

toyota_1hz_1.jpg

toyota_1hz.jpg

toyota_1hz_3.jpg

toyota_1hz_6.jpeg

Last edited:

I don't even care about turbo'ing a 1HZ but I did enjoy listening to this Aussie bloke talk about diesels and how to do them right. :) I think all online instruction should be by Aussie-accented speakers, lol.

There has been huge online debates about Berrima diesel on 1HZ fb pages here. Im not sure what started it, but they sure have been nasty both ways. They are one of the oldest in the business and the same family still owns it.

Well when you start doing posts like these naming nearly every business in direct competition with you people kinda catch on to what's happening. There was quite a few of these posts, which have all been deleted now, with lots more companies listed and constant bad mouthing from Berrima diesel about these other companies using any turbos other than the 30 year old safari or whatever it is they use as they say they're all a bunch of cowboy's with these higher performing turbos and have no idea how to tune safely.

5d62323eda9cc12e150a443209833cff.jpg

Ahh yes. I seem to remember seeing that after a search. Stupid thing for the company to put online. I think there were also some unhappy customers with blown up engines.

This BLOKE down in OZ taught me a few new things .................... :D

1KD , G&L , Bailey's . these were my friends. They build good power units in the market.
honestly 1HZ with turbo , they live short with just 5~8psi. if with the correct fuel pump, they live really shorter .
Another very effective reason is the operator,means drive like a maniac.

is stock the best ? it depends on how and what u want to do with it .

He might find it goes faster if he lets the engine rev above 3000. Why change up to overdrive at 80 when trying to accelerate? For kicks, I took my non-turbo HZJ80 out this morning and measured how long it took me to get to 100km/h. From a dead stop, without revving the engine before take-off, with my heavy steel bull bar, winch, second spare tyre, a back full of gear, and four passengers, I measured 0 to 100 in 19 seconds flat. Dude needs to learn how to drive stick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom